• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The best one in the world is the one that meets your requierments. You will never get everyone to agree that one gun is the best so give up on that before you get started haha.
    I am in total agreement...you will never everyone in agreement on this, we all have our own preferences.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I would say this.

jrpwe9.jpg

HK P30 .40 V1 LEM

I'm going to go with this one as well... all though if you prefer .45, the HK45 is similar to this.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    G19 but Im a tad bias :D

For most of the categories, the 1911 can't possibly the best, price, for example, reliability, for another...now, one may have nothing but great luck with their particular 1911, but they aren't very reliable until you get the mags right, and the ammo it likes, so, for me, it doesn't belong in " best of "....

I know, I know, I love my 1911 STI , but even IT doesn't qualify as absolutely reliable, nor cheap enough to exist in a "best of"....flame suit ON....

MY criteria in any handgun, is what they are supposed to do , for most of us, that would be self defense applications...

For me, it has to be affordable, not cheap, per se, but affordable...

For me, it must be of a simple design...no external safety to worry about getting stuck on "safe"...

For me, easily taken down for a field strip cleaning...

For me, it must be easy to work on, and as such, lots of parts easily available....

For me, it must shoot all ammo with no issues involving ftfire, ftfeed, fteject,, that is, totally reliable, go BANG, no matter what....

For me, there is only one choice firearm to meet those requirements....

Glock 19....any Glock, for the most part, but in particular, the G-19, or the G-17....

I am out.....;)

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    No one gun is ever going to be agreed upon for so many reasons. Everyone has a different idea of what a good price is. Everyone has a different hand so guns feel different. Some people are larger and some are smaller. Some like revolvers and some like semi auto.

Personally I can't even make a decision which is the best gun from my small collection but the Smith M&P 9c is right up there.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Im guessing you mean a carry gun for personal protection. If thats the case, my opinion would be Glock 23. Dont get me wrong, I have lots of great guns including a 1911 and great revolvers but 6 or 7 shots and all the bulk does not measure up to 13 rounds of .40 cal. through a very reliable, forgiving Glock

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    The problem is we each place priority on different categories. For instance, I couldn't care less about concealability. I'll dress around what I want to conceal.

So, if this comes down to another "only one gun" question that works for the widest amount of people and that I trust explicitly it has to be a 1911. Even new shooters shoot them better then other guns. They are rugged and reliable (attested to by those who actually own and shoot them.) They are quite slim and conceal well enough. Prices run from around $500 up to a few thousand depending on what you want. You get a lot of gun for the money. The weight makes them comfortable to shoot. They are beautiful.

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    H&K USP .45
    - Price-$1000
    - Capacity-12+1
    - Concealability-little less than a glock 21
    - Comfort to shoot-very
    - Caliber-.45 apc