• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Colts had a good preseason first showing. Luck has lived up to the hype so far. The "O" line issues have been addressed and as they gel together you'll see better protection out of them. It will take a while to get all the blocking schemes down.
    Hey, it's a complete NEW team, new play books, new coaching, NEW, NEW everything.
    It's a good start. START being the key word here.
    Potential and Hope are scary words.
    4 wins for sure. 7 wins? I hope so. We'll know by the end of the season.
    I'm just happy we've got football again.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Can we bring back Tarik Glenn out of retirement? I think after so many years out of the league he would still improve our O-Line. Overall though, I was pretty impressed yesterday.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    The O-line had some miscues, to be sure. Overall, though, we ran the ball well, aside from those times the Rams had the perfect defense called against it. We had 32 rushes for 116 yards and only one sack for the game.

I don't see how a 36-year-old out-of-shape former player (love ya, Tarik) would help us improve on that.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I don't have a team. I don't play in the NFL and I do not own a team. If you can't see that the O-line has had problems in Indy for years, you know absolutely nothing about football. Indy's old savior even spoke about how poor the O-line played to the media. The coaches have brought up poor O-line play but it hasn't been addressed.

LOL... Who said the O-line doesn't have a problem??? I'm saying it doesn't take a crystal ball to see that

So instead of being a jerk about it, how about just answering who your favorite team is? My question wasn't an attack, just simply wanted to know who you follow. You felt it was important to point out that the Colts are one of your last choices, who is your first?

EDIT--- I saw where you answered, thanks!

Last edited:

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    LOL... Who said the O-line doesn't have a problem??? I'm saying it doesn't take a crystal ball to see that

So instead of being a jerk about it, how about just answering who your favorite team is? My question wasn't an attack, just simply wanted to know who you follow. You felt it was important to point out that the Colts are one of your last choices, who is your first?

Don't sweat him. The decision to have a positive or negative attitude is a conscious one. I can't fathom why someone who claims no vested interest in the matter would even care about how the Colts have done or are doing.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    There was no 63 yard pass. The pass aas less than 5 yards and was behind the line of scrimmage. The run was 63+ yards. We missed a few tackles on that one, at least 3. But like I told the lady in front of me, you guys needed the confidence of a preseason win. What is that? One in the past five years? We've all gotta win sometime. :): By the way, Andrew Luck will not be the top QB of the draft. RGIII will. Everyone wants to call him a legend and say he's the next Peyton, but he can't live up to the pressure. In a few years all of you Colts fans will be crying that Peyton left you and you should have paid him what he wanted.

Sounds like sour grapes to me...

The significance of the 63 yard pass is miniscule, it is however neat that his first play from scrimmage was a touchdown.

Andrew looked decent the remainder of his time in the game. For his first semi-real playing time, he was certainly on the positive side of the scale. He made good reads and adjustment, about all I wanted to see from this game. The O-line STILL has a long way to go, and his pocket awareness wasn't bad.

For an opponent that was just as bad last year, it could be argued that they needed some confidence building too :dunno:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Don't sweat him. The decision to have a positive or negative attitude is a conscious one. I can't fathom why someone who claims no vested interest in the matter would even care about how the Colts have done or are doing.
    He didn't say he had no interest. He said he wasn't a fan of the Colts. You can be a fan of the game, without having "a team".

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

It isn't a positive or negative attitude. It is an honest assessment of a glaring need that has been overlooked for awhile. The line should be quite a bit better if they stay healthy and gel.

One of the teams I watch is the Dolphins. They suck and haven't been consistent for awhile. Their most glaring need that wasn't really ever properly addressed has been the QB situation. I believe that Tannehill can be a big improvement to the position since the Marino days but I don't believe he'll be a franchise. They have improved quite a few other positions that were troubled spots and they made a good decision in acting quickly with the Chad Johnson situation. They're showing that the organization is trying to improve. Irsay and company haven't done that in the past.

As far as RGIII, I believe he'll be a good QB even if it takes a bit of a struggle at first. Better than Luck? Who knows. It comes down to the supporting cast, if that isn't there for either of them...it is a total crap shoot. For those thinking that RGIII won't be a good QB, you might want to watch him. He played pretty well in his first preseason game. For those thinking that he plays like Michael Vick with a run first mentality, have you ever even watched him play? Yeah, he is quick but he doesn't look to run first.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    This was the first preseason game I watched all the way to the end. and I loved every minute of it. With 50% of the team being rookies we will be back in a couple years. Freeney seemed to be positive about the new defense, hughes time to shine. I cant wait for regular season.

Top Bottom