• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'd probably buy powder, primers and rifle bullets. I already cast almost al my own pistol bullets. Lots of .22lr's. Also some more AR mags

Using Shooter521's idea, it'd be a SAGE stock for my chopped down M14.

Doug K

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    ammo, ammo, and ammo.

I just read ammunition prices have risen 20% on average over the past 12 months. With China and India only getting bigger and continuing to outbid us on materials, I don't see how this trend will level out much...

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I would prolly buy a 10/22, some tech sights and a sling, afew extra mags, acouple 550 federal bulk packs. pay my way to the appleseed at redbrush and if there were any money left I'd buy a bottle of Jim Beam (strictly for medicinal purposes of course)!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would rent a range for however long $500 lasts, invite everyone at INGO to stop by and teach me at least one new thing while they were there to shoot.:yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would rent a range for however long $500 lasts, invite everyone at INGO to stop by and teach me at least one new thing while they were there to shoot.:yesway:

My first lesson would be to not blow $500 on range time.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ammo is always good. a new pistol is fun. another ak? half an ar? for me, the $500 would buy me a two day class with john farnum. or a class with rob pincus or henk iversson and some gas money.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I'd tell my wife someone just gave me $200 to spend any way I wanted, and that I want her to spend it in any way she wants. Then I would take the rest to invest in our security(or is that just a way to say feed my habit?) Kidding, of course, because I am always 100% honest on just how much my new hardware purchases cost. ;) (Isn't everyone?)

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'd tell my wife someone just gave me $200 to spend any way I wanted, and that I want her to spend it in any way she wants. Then I would take the rest to invest in our security(or is that just a way to say feed my habit?) Kidding, of course, because I am always 100% honest on just how much my new hardware purchases cost. ;) (Isn't everyone?)

don't ask, don't tell. hehe.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Guns are a good buy right now... ammo isn't. I stocked up 24 months ago on most calibers I shoot. I don't need to buy any more of them for several years. I;m buying guns now, and some magazines.

500 bucks as a splurge eh? I'd buy an ACOG. Too expensive for me to just buy one over a gun right now... but somebody handing me 500 to "drop"... ACOG all the way.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I had a place to use to do it, my $500 would go for a FFL01. If that wasn't an option, yeah-ammo and mags for sure.

I like the idea of reloading, but if it comes to that, I think a hand press would be a better choice-more portable.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom