jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    INGO ever confuses me.

There were reports that certain groups might try to hack the electronic parts of our election system. Cybersecurity is a DHS function. Now DHS cybersecurity for the election is an overreach.

So INGO would prefer paper ballots? Because that worked so well in Florida in 2000...
    If we're talking about voting mechanisms and we're doing electronic, it should be open source. Not that vulnerabilities in open source software have never been exploited, but it tends to be more vigorously vetted.

Also, voting is a state thing. Federal oversight notwithstanding, I think it is up to states to insure the integrity of their systems.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    INGO ever confuses me.

There were reports that certain groups might try to hack the electronic parts of our election system. Cybersecurity is a DHS function. Now DHS cybersecurity for the election is an overreach.

So INGO would prefer paper ballots? Because that worked so well in Florida in 2000...

Probably just boils down to trust, or lack of.

We constantly see a lack of accountability with government entities, so we have little faith in them. So when one inserts itself into the elections... it's natural to be skeptical of their neutrality. And if they ended up messing with it, how would we... the plebs... know?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    INGO ever confuses me.

INGO would prefer that THE STATES handle security for their own elections, with .gov cybersecurity flacks performing an advisory roll only

How apropos that requiring positive ID for voting is supposedly a solution in search of a problem but rumors of hacking demands a possible government takeover

Trump something something " ... rigged election" something. Seems a bit like clairvoyance, now, eh?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, no. We want Trump to win.

neverTrump is already working on putting the fix in for Clinton, no need for hacking :)
    The vast majority of neverTrump isn't actively doing anything anymore. Now we're just standing back and watching the train crash. Unfortunately, there's no safe distance - we're all taking shrapnel.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Moderators announced

CrWcu2RWIAArpc8.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He is doing a better job of staying out of the mud.

Just let your [STRIKE]segregates[/STRIKE] surrogates handle the dirty work.

If only he'd do that and stay the **** off twitter.

I'm sure Hillary will be shown no favoritism what so ever.

Certainly not by Chris Wallace. I think he is probably the most objective journalist named, if that's saying anything at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom