• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why did you quit that forum Rhino?

• I didn't like the rules. You can't talk about anything Brian Enos and his moderators don't like, such as politics. I can't talk about guns and shooting, even in a competition context, without politics entering the picture at some point. The forum is his property, so much as I would if I was attending a party at someone's house and didn't like their house rules, the appropriate and polite thing to do was to leave the premises.
    • I do not appreciate that the rules and policies are not enforced uniformly for all. The "special" people can do as they wish there, while others can not. For the most part, the special people are GM shooters or have some other shooting distinction, which apparently means something that escapes me. I actually got a little special treatment toward the end (in my favor), and I thought it was inappropriate, as most others would not receive the same consideration.
    • My interest in belaboring the minutae of practical shooting competition has waned considerably. It's not that I think I have nothing to learn, it's that I just don't care that much about it anymore, especially the talking about it part. I am especially disinterested in the obssession that some demonstrate over the "mental aspects" of the game, often to the point where they spend excessive time overthinking when they'd be better served by doing.
    • It wasn't very much fun anymore.
    I suspect that I would be a more significant contributor here if I were not employed now. When I was active on that forum (as well as others), I did not have a job or anything else that drained my time or more importantly my enthusiasm.

In addition, I find that I start a message, and reconsider before I commit it to the forum's database far more often these days than in the past. My brain operates more slowly since I am constantly rotating so many more tasks in it lately that I seem to have more deliberation than in the past. Before, my fingers were typing and clicking the button to submit the post often before I was fully aware of what I'd just typed.

For what it's worth, this forum now occupies virtually all of my recreational online time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Geez, you still use an acoustic coupler, too?

Doesn't everyone? Mine is 300 baud! It's a lot better than my old 140 baud acoustic coupler, and more tolerant of static on my party line. The only down side is climbing the telephone pole to get to the telephone so I can plug the handset into the coupler.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Doesn't everyone? Mine is 300 baud! It's a lot better than my old 140 baud acoustic coupler, and more tolerant of static on my party line. The only down side is climbing the telephone pole to get to the telephone so I can plug the handset into the coupler.

Unable to negotiate a compatible set of protocols

/'nuff said.

Top Bottom