• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    So just a few minutes ago, I watched two teenagers walk by my house drinking a bottle of water, and they tossed it in the vacant lot across the street and kept walking. So I ambled over, picked up the bottle, and with the heaviest sarcasm I could lay on said "Don't worry guys, I'll pick up your trash. Seems you're not going to." What was their reply? "I don't give a f*uck." I told them that some people in the neighborhood tend to care about things, got the same response, and then asked them if they talk to their mother with that mouth. As they walked away, I caught myself muttering "Damn kids."

I'm now officially a geezer.

BTW, there isn't anyone heading up the crime watch committee in my 'hood. Anyone done it before? Anyone think I should take it on?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "Too old" is often confused with "too responsible", as evidenced by this thread. You're not too old, they're just jerks.

Very true.

Everyone (hopefully) has a point in there lives when they realize they aren't the center of the universe and their actions actually have an effect on other peoples lives. I still know people my age that haven't had that epiphany yet.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You'd seriously call a cop because of a litterbug? Wow.

If the other option is following them, confronting them, and then finding yourself in a Zimmerman situation (as I assume the skittles comment was meant to imply), then yes, calling the cops is a much better option.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If the other option is following them, confronting them, and then finding yourself in a Zimmerman situation (as I assume the skittles comment was meant to imply), then yes, calling the cops is a much better option.

If you start tolerating the little crap in your area, the bigger stuff follows.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The day my knees started locking when I squatted down.

No jokes hypothesizing about the reasons I may squat. There are ample reasons anyone may squat that are not remotely scatological.

Side note: Is lilttering an offense sufficiently heinous to warrant a citizen's arrest?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The day my knees started locking when I squatted down.

No jokes hypothesizing about the reasons I may squat. There are ample reasons anyone may squat that are not remotely scatological.

Side note: Is lilttering an offense sufficiently heinous to warrant a citizen's arrest?

Not unless there's some felony-level littering I'm unaware of.

Citizen's arrest is only legal for felonies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wow, that was a long time ago. Hair turned white, eyesight got worse, women quit looking at you. Being a geezer sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I realized it when I want to go to bed at 9 and holler at kids that don't watch out for cars (mainly mine) when they're on skates and bikes. Of course I'm a big "get-off-my-lawn!" guy.

That's the problems with Millennials.:)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Years ago, I found myself servicing equipment for the same school system I attended. As I was walking in the hallway of my old high school, suddenly it hit me. When I was a student at that school, all of the current students were still years away from being born. Stuff like that usually doesn't bother me, but that one hit me kinda hard. I got over it though.

Top Bottom