That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . .

What if . . .

Roseanne decided she made enough money on the first season and she's now sick of Sarah Gilbert's BS. Then she realizes she can take her millions and return to leisure time if she makes it so they fire her by kneejerk,

I don't think it's that far out. Roseanne is crazy, but she's not dumb.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So . . .

What if . . .

Roseanne decided she made enough money on the first season and she's now sick of Sarah Gilbert's BS. Then she realizes she can take her millions and return to leisure time if she makes it so they fire her by kneejerk,

Oh, absolutely. Well, I don't know anything about Sarah Gilbert, so I have no idea about that part of it. But, I do believe that we don't know the whole story.

Parts of this feel VERY contrived.

(Personally, I think they knew the ratings were going to tank or there was some other issue with the production.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So . . .

What if . . .

I question you ability to identify a dumb person.

Exhibit A:

[video=youtube;ls1YVhcLD2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YVhcLD2c[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Roseanne has an estimated net worth of about $80M.

That's a bad metric of intelligence, but at the same time, it ain't too shabby.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Roseanne has an estimated net worth of about $80M.

That's a bad metric of intelligence, but at the same time, it ain't too shabby.

Jessica "where do buffalo wings come from" Simpson has a net worth of $150M :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It seems pretty obvious to me that in many cases, profitability is being trumped by ideology, at least a little. When it comes down to it, profitability will ultimately win. But it's evident that some people are doing things that are less profitable, and they're doing it because of ideology. There's a culture war going on, you know.

One on one, my culture will kick the crap out of their culture

ETA:
    When can we start blacklisting commie celebrities again?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    34103337_1617202334995332_1294796523640455168_n.jpg

adolf-hitler-oh-nein-you-didnt-oh-no-you-didnt-germany-ghetto-1359416617n.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, this happened.

I'm on the Nextdoor site because it seems like a good way to keep track of what's going on in the neighborhood without actually talking to neighbors or going outside. But enough about my foibles, one thing that happens is that they post police bulletins.

Turns out, Carmel PD sent out an alert about a theft/fraud investigation and included a picture of an African-American male that is a person of interest. The pic was from a security camera, not a drivers license or booking photo. Kinda looked like the inside of Panera or something.

Anyway, a guy (assuming, based on the common name associated with the post) stated:

So.

I don't know this guy. And, he isn't actually in my neighborhood, but is a few neighborhoods over.

I think this post reflects bigotry. What does INGO think? I would put this on par with Roseanne's comments. So, should the guy lose whatever job he has?

Fortunately, he didn't advocate for a warning shot.

I didn't know leveleleven lived in your neighborhood

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As a black man, i sent Roseanne a tweet accepting her apology. I think many in the white community were more upset about it than we were. However to put this in the right historical context: WWI white soldiers told French women that black soldiers were monkeys and had tails. This is just one example. Therefore in the black community if you make reference to any comparison to any primate, you may as well use the “N” word. I think she was just ignorant of that fact so all is forgiven.Sometimes people say inappropiate things out of not knowing any better. Sorry she lost her show and sorry for all those others out of work now.

Welcome to the forum.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, this happened.

I'm on the Nextdoor site because it seems like a good way to keep track of what's going on in the neighborhood without actually talking to neighbors or going outside. But enough about my foibles, one thing that happens is that they post police bulletins.

Turns out, Carmel PD sent out an alert about a theft/fraud investigation and included a picture of an African-American male that is a person of interest. The pic was from a security camera, not a drivers license or booking photo. Kinda looked like the inside of Panera or something.

Anyway, a guy (assuming, based on the common name associated with the post) stated:

So.

I don't know this guy. And, he isn't actually in my neighborhood, but is a few neighborhoods over.

I think this post reflects bigotry. What does INGO think? I would put this on par with Roseanne's comments. So, should the guy lose whatever job he has?

Fortunately, he didn't advocate for a warning shot.

Okay. Let’s all line up to disavow-signal. :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I will regret saying this.

What purpose does disavowing racism really serve?

The only people who really care about whether or not someone else is "racist" are the same people who are already convinced you are a racist if you disagree with them on any issue and are equally convinced that if you agree with them, there is no possible way you can be a racist.

In my opinion, announcing that you're not a racist is pointless because intelligent humans will notice based on your actual behavior. People who are intent on marginalizing and punishing you with the label of "racist" either can't or won't perceive any actual evidence that you are or are not. All they care about is making you pay for your crime of failing to agree with them by using what they see is the worst possible label as a weapon (which amuses more each day).

Ultimately I've yet to meet an adult who is capable of discerning differences in appearances and sounds who does not have some racist thoughts in their head. I think it would be unnatural to not perceive differences from self and not value more or less based on those differences. The only thing that matters to me is how someone allows that natural tendency to affect their decisions and how they treat other people. Making statements and proclamations in that regard is feeble at best.

Top Bottom