• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Everybody has different tastes in firearms, just like anything else. I enjoy shooting older guns, some enjoy shooting newer guns. I admit to being lost sometimes when people are discussing the finer points of very recent manufactured firearms, but I can contribute when the discussion moves to stuff over 100 years old.:)

merclean.jpg

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The tone on here is much more mild than what I've encountered on other forums. It's also much more mellow than what it was 10 years ago when I joined.

It also feels to me like there's more political and current events talk now and less straight gun talk than there used to be. I think that's just the result of the world we're in. People are concerned with the state of the nation and rightfully so.

I still like it here. I don't think anyone is overly mean.
    Very much in agreement with this.

It does seem like the gun sections of the forums I frequent have slowed down quite a bit. I don't mind the other stuff, and while I likely agree with most here politically, I'm just not into spending a bunch of time discussing that depressing topic. I'm here to talk guns and the occasional outdoorsy topics, learn stuff, and hopefully share a little knowledge. If I've contradicted or confronted anybody, I hope it's been received in the spirit of learning and betterment of the community, as that is always my intent.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We, all of us, need every 2A supporter we can get. Please let’s not chase them off by telling them what they are doing isn’t good enough. Let’s support them and especially support them in teaching there children, grandchildren, neighbors, and non gun owning friends.
    @Mij

You are spot on. My default actions are, I hope, always to educate and be educated. There is nothing more important to the Nation and the preservation of its foundational principles (including the 2nd Amendment) than to have our youth (which means younger than me) to understand the basis of our Nation (the Constitution) and the critical importance of the BoRs. Among those ten, the 1st and the 2nd underpin all.

It is for that reason I urge our youth to understand the historical basis of the 2nd Amendment and their role in the unorganized militia. If they achieve the recognition they need arms, I try to never do the "gun snob" bit, recognizing many I interact with spend their funds on starting their family.

For those who are new, a safe used firearm with more money for ammo is usually a better option than spending all their money on getting one like mine they just had an opportunity to handle. Regardless of how "nice" if "feels".

To @MCgrease08 and @grillak points, we are in the "silly season" run up to a particularly important and heated Presidential election. I learned in 2018 that I could be wound up to an unhealthy level and needed to know when to step away from the political threads. At the same time, the fact INGO has those threads is largely why I am here and spend little time on TheHighRoad or TheFiringLine. (That, and INGO is just better)

In that 2018 time frame I also came to the conclusion that activism, both formal (writing legicritters, calls etc.) and informal (talking to coworkers, friends and family) about the Constitution and importance of the BoRs protections was far more productive than arguing via keyboard on the forum.

We all have a part to play, but the most foundational thing any of us can do is inform and ensure the next generation understands the gift they have received by having been born into the most free Nation on earth, and their responsibility to ensure their continued liberty, which is safeguarded by the Right to Arms and the militia.

Top Bottom