• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    She should have provided her license and registration, and been on her way. Maybe even with just a warning.

Unless she peed on herself after getting arrested, and I see no mention of it (the news would be ALL OVER that), she was lying.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    The officer did the right thing. Just because she is a old hag doesn't mean she should be treated differently. The law applies to everyone. She wasn't listening to the officer and was resisting arrest.

If it was some middle aged guy, this wouldn't even be a story. The media is trying to make the police look bad which is disgusting.

+1 for the Officer.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'll go with the cop on this one. Saw it yesterday and everybody I showed it to agreed. Although he might have given her one last opportunity to comply, I still see the outcome as it happened.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    'well go ahead'.

OK.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes I guess. Would I want my mother treated like that? I hope to hell my mother has more sense than that.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The officer told her he would listen to her after she provided her license and registration. Age only gets you so much courtesy. I would be willing to bet this woman has this kind of attitude all her life, so why completely forgive her asshat attitude becuase she is 77?

IMHO the officer was correct in everything he did. And who knows if the nasty grandmother had been decent he might have just checked her license and registration and let her go. She was trying to bully him out of a ticket and it didn't work. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have to agree the the LEO acted appropriately. He gave her several opportunities to comply. She failed to identify herself and resisted. He did what he had to do to take her into custody.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I will have to go against everyone on this. The lady plainly stated that she WOULD show her license "in a minute". no refusal. police are public SERVANTS, not public TYRANTS. a professional will keep his cool and provide RESPECT. no matter what.

Doubtless the woman has had an attitude her whole life. NO EXCUSE. I expect the police to uphold a level of excellence in the face of attitude. furthermore to manhandle an old woman like that opens the dept to injury liability.

Treat my mother like that and win stupid prizes.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I will have to go against everyone on this. The lady plainly stated that she WOULD show her license "in a minute". no refusal. police are public SERVANTS, not public TYRANTS. a professional will keep his cool and provide RESPECT. no matter what.

Doubtless the woman has had an attitude her whole life. NO EXCUSE. I expect the police to uphold a level of excellence in the face of attitude. furthermore to manhandle an old woman like that opens the dept to injury liability.

I disagree with that philosophy. She was not the one in charge of the situation. She was not the one risking her life pulling over a car. Respect goes both ways. I think he showed less restraint than he could have, but showed enough considering the circumstances.

I'm sure you dont mean to disrespect by using the internet form of yelling by using Capitalized words, but that is how it comes across. I doubt you would want people to respond to you in kind.

Same in this situation, the old lady does not have free reign to do as she pleases without having people respond in kind.

Again just my opinion, you got it for fee, take it for what is worth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I disagree with that philosophy. She was not the one in charge of the situation. She was not the one risking her life pulling over a car. Respect goes both ways. I think he showed less restraint than he could have, but showed enough considering the circumstances.

I'm sure you dont mean to disrespect by using the internet form of yelling by using Capitalized words, but that is how it comes across. I doubt you would want people to respond to you in kind.

Same in this situation, the old lady does not have free reign to do as she pleases without having people respond in kind.

Again just my opinion, you got it for fee, take it for what is worth.

I understand that police are taught to take charge of the situation. That's sometimes unfortunate. I believe that I am in charge of myself no matter if a cop is there or not. The police can arrest because I choose to let it be. He has authority for two reasons 1 because I give him that courtesy as a sovereign citizen because It's often necessary to the performance of his job 2 because he is armed and trained to kill not only to defend himself, but to defend the authority claimed by the state.

I say that it's sometimes unfortunate because the academy apparently doesn't teach that violence breeds violence, verbal or physical. There are a few of us that bristle and reach for their gun when violently confronted by an angry arrogant testosterone driven tyrant. those few are better handled by reason than attempted fear.

As far as SHOUTING goes, I am not a writer and my word processor skills are rudimentary. I guess I should use italics to emphasize a word, but I don"t know how. I have to use Google search for a spell checker! I have been taken to task for my punctuation and my use of paragraphs........ I have taken that critique and put it to use, when the proper procedure was illustrated.

I personally have thought that the irritation caused by capitol letters made one look like an internet nurd.(just my private feeling) Does the capitalization at the beginning of a sentence hurt your ears? Proper names? states? I am not yelling, I am emphasizing. As ignorant as that may be. There are many places in this post that I would of used emphasis but I don't want to disrespect the forum. I will cast around for a better solution.

Last edited:

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute

^ This guy. haha.

That must be his mother or something.

Anyway she resisted arrest.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ^ This guy. haha.

That must be his mother or something.

Anyway she resisted arrest.

I was raised to respect all elder women as my mother, so yes...... She was my mother.

Lots of people were raised in a barn, and conduct themselves in public like it was a barnyard. The lady was no threat, and a citizen to boot. Go ahead and charge her with whatever you think will stick, No need to shout, grab, push or twist. It was an authority thing and that's that. I am sure that his mother is proud.

Top Bottom