Testosterone and boosters or treatments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Ok I’m 45 and looking into some testosterone boosters or treatments. Looking for do’s and dont’s and things that have worked or not worked. I’m needing to get my butt into shape and get back to living. Let’s hear it.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I'd recommend seeing a doc and getting your levels checked before pining yourself with stuff that you may not know the quality of. Natural testosterone boosters are weight training and proper sleep and diet. Try that first and see how things go after 6 months.
    I work road construction and have 4 kids so sleep is about 4-5 hours lol. I was just looking for some advice and thoughts on the matter.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I work road construction and have 4 kids so sleep is about 4-5 hours lol. I was just looking for some advice and thoughts on the matter.
    I get it brother. I work 12hr shifts 5 days a week and have 5 kids. This is what I'd do if I were you to start. I'd do a strict carnivore diet with a splash of healthy fats to keep from getting constipated. Do that for 8 weeks and hit weights 2-3x week. Then see where you're at on the scales and in the mirror

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Stop drinking beer if you are currently. Beer contains phytoestrogens, which are plant chemicals that can increase estrogen levels in the body

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Like above, my sons both are huge meat, egg, certain veggies/fruits and other protein eaters. the gym in 5-7 days a week. But no kids, wife's and other distractions.
    I would say, eat healthier, give up the bad habits and exercise often.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm currently being treated for Lo T. I'm fat too so I get a semaglutide from her also.

You'll get a baseline before you'll see any meds by a couple of blood tests. Once it's determined you need the treatment you'll get some topicals to slick yourself up with. They may also ask if you want a pellet that last for several months... just have to figure out the dosage you'll need to be back into range. You may also be asked to take an injectable. They'll give you a quick lesson in how to draw up the proper dosage and then how to inject it, usually in the belly. Its a TB needle so it really doesn't hurt at all.

After a few months of treatment you'll have to see where you're at with the treatment so you'll take another blood test to see if you're within the proper range for your age. If you're still low They will titrate the dosage up a bit or they might leave it the same, depends on where you're at.

With increase testosterone tho you'll begin retaining water. May not be a huge deal unless you have some underlying morphology... hypertension and copd come to mind. Your regular GP may prescribe a water pill to get you dried out. If you're getting treatment from another source They may prescribe that as well. Don't run afoul of your GP tho... they don't usually care for their patients getting treated by PAs or other practitioners.

Good luck.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm currently being treated for Lo T. I'm fat too so I get a semaglutide from her also.

You'll get a baseline before you'll see any meds by a couple of blood tests. Once it's determined you need the treatment you'll get some topicals to slick yourself up with. They may also ask if you want a pellet that last for several months... just have to figure out the dosage you'll need to be back into range. You may also be asked to take an injectable. They'll give you a quick lesson in how to draw up the proper dosage and then how to inject it, usually in the belly. Its a TB needle so it really doesn't hurt at all.

After a few months of treatment you'll have to see where you're at with the treatment so you'll take another blood test to see if you're within the proper range for your age. If you're still low They will titrate the dosage up a bit or they might leave it the same, depends on where you're at.

With increase testosterone tho you'll begin retaining water. May not be a huge deal unless you have some underlying morphology... hypertension and copd come to mind. Your regular GP may prescribe a water pill to get you dried out. If you're getting treatment from another source They may prescribe that as well. Don't run afoul of your GP tho... they don't usually care for their patients getting treated by PAs or other practitioners.

Good luck.
    You might wanna find a new doctor

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Why's that?
    Test C should be IM. You shouldn't be using a TB syringe for sub Q injections. Has your "GP" put you on preventative meds such as ASA? Do they check your PSA and CBC, specifically your H&H regularly? Has he explained that you may need(almost certainly will) to donate blood 2-3x a year, maybe more depending on how fast your H&H shoots up? Any doc worth his weight in salt that knows a thing about TRT won't prescribe a gel unless you're 75 and just needing to maintain a minimum level. It's extremely inconsistent

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My GP does. Since my thyroid is dead...so yeah.

The testosterone treatments are from a seperate practitioner and seem to be working fine and other than a slight increase in my cholesterol the reat of my levels are where theyre supposed to be. Both have acess to my current med list... thanks for the concern.

Top Bottom