• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I see no difference between Russia asking Syria, Belarus, China and others for troops and other assistance to fight against Ukraine in a war that they started and then threatening the U.S. and the NATO countries not to get involved or they would use nukes.

Even if Putin were to use nukes (doubtful) he wouldn't survive a strike on Moscow (the Kremlin). So what would be the point unless he's suicidal?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The point would be seeing if the doddering sock puppet occupying the Whitehouse could be bluffed into sanctifying his annexation of Ukraine

and shouldn't that be d**
    n? :whistle:

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    As an arm chair diplomat I would say he can ask China for troops until he's blue. Under the heading of "Never Interfere with an Enemy While He's in the Process of Weakening Himself" China will trade with him but they're not going to put blood at risk. I think they would appreciate a weakened Russia.

In theory we could do the same, threaten to use nukes if Syria or Bellerose sends troops, but nobody would believe it. Those troops probably won't matter anyway.

I've been thinking about who Putin would nuke if he does push the button. If he hits a NATO country that's it--- lights out. What if he uses a small tactical nuclear devices? Perhaps a single 0.1 kiloton device on a port? Does Biden annihilate the world for one small nuke in a far away industrial complex? What if a middle eastern mule is used to carry a small nuke of uncertain organ into a Ukraine city? Do we nuke someone in return if we can't be sure who is responsible?

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    I for one am sick of Pootin making threats while he is getting his ass handed to him by armed civilians. And if we had a set of bollocks in the Whitehouse it wouldnt matter, I dont believe Pootin will use nukes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just remain astonished why this is even in the news.

Russia clearly stated they would use nukes if faced with an existential threat. Guess who else would use nukes for an existential threat? Everyone who has them.

The surrender terms aren't a big enough deal to justify western bloodshed for Ukraine, IMO. People acting like Ukraine never did anything of any kind wrong really have lost grasp of reality.

And I would say the difference is they're fighting under a Russian flag. Anyone from any western nation is free to fly to Ukraine and serve in their military. I'm not sure what the issue is?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I see no difference between Russia asking Syria, Belarus, China and others for troops and other assistance to fight against Ukraine in a war that they started and then threatening the U.S. and the NATO countries not to get involved or they would use nukes.

Even if Putin were to use nukes (doubtful) he wouldn't survive a strike on Moscow (the Kremlin). So what would be the point unless he's suicidal?
    If Putin was going to launch a first strike, we could nuke Moscow into a desert and never hit him. Do you think he would be there waiting for the incoming rounds? Would you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As an arm chair diplomat I would say he can ask China for troops until he's blue. Under the heading of "Never Interfere with an Enemy While He's in the Process of Weakening Himself" China will trade with him but they're not going to put blood at risk. I think they would appreciate a weakened Russia.

In theory we could do the same, threaten to use nukes if Syria or Bellerose sends troops, but nobody would believe it. Those troops probably won't matter anyway.

I've been thinking about who Putin would nuke if he does push the button. If he hits a NATO country that's it--- lights out. What if he uses a small tactical nuclear devices? Perhaps a single 0.1 kiloton device on a port? Does Biden annihilate the world for one small nuke in a far away industrial complex? What if a middle eastern mule is used to carry a small nuke of uncertain organ into a Ukraine city? Do we nuke someone in return if we can't be sure who is responsible?

If mighty Russia cant whip the Ukraine then they have no business threatening anyone else.
    We should have stomped ass in the NAM but mush brains ran the war from the white house. Same reason Hitler lost his beans in the big one.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Manicheanism(manichean) because it works.

If it is always good vs evil or black and white picking sides is easy right?

Dualism. Us vs them. Ect...

It is to bad that reality often is ignored by both.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Manicheanism(manichean) because it works.

If it is always good vs evil or black and white picking sides is easy right?

Dualism. Us vs them. Ect...

It is to bad that reality often is ignored by both.
    This is probably your shortest post yet. Where's all the cites and stats and analysis? ;)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This is probably your shortest post yet. Where's all the cites and stats and analysis? ;)
    Why make it any longer? If you understand history,for example who Joseph Pulitzer is you understand where we are at with our war against Spain...err sorry I mean Russia....or maybe China. The messaging is a bit mixed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom