• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Another great design concept manufactured in small numbers to keep pricing up and by a company with questionable QC track record in ALL of their products (not individual samples sizes of one).

Got to shoot one once at a friend's farm, he had issues with it regardless of what he did (variety of mags, ammo, lubes, etc...), sent it back several times, sold it with full disclosure. The limited time I had with it showed that the recoil felt kinda violent (compared to even the semi-hard kicking PTR-91 he had), and was mediocre accurate (FGMM was doing about 2-3 MOA with a decent telescopic).

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I would say it's like most Kel-tec long gun products. It looks really cool and innovative, but you just can't trust it to function right in a real fight. Unless you have lots of money to throw away on what amounts to an overpriced toy I would stay away from them for the immediate future. If you want a bullpup in .308 wait for Desert Tactical to come out with theirs I believe later this year. It looks promising. I personally just don't have much faith in Kel-tec given the many hiccups documented with the RFB and KSG.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    If you want a bullpup in .308 wait for Desert Tactical to come out with theirs I believe later this year.
    Interesting...
    Thanks.

Thanks for all the responses.

I have always been a fan of Kel tecs products.
    But I go in with my eyes wide open.
    I can usually get any of their pistols to run fine (so far) with a little fluff and buff.
    But the actual beauty of Kel Tecs pistols are that they are cheap.
    I'm not really interested in plunking down almost 2 grand for a 2or 3 moa rifle.

Hoploholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    NEI
    I have one that I have never shot. Kind of strange story. Soon after I purchased my RFB, got a call from Kel-Tec asking for the rifle back. It seems that a couple of pups were released in a non standard factory configuration. My RFB is marked 7.62 and has a bull barrel with muzzle device. Canadian RFBs are marked 308 I believe. Long story short, I never got around to sending it back and now I fear it may be a one off type thing. Even so, I am still tempted to send it back to Kel-Tec so I can have a shooter and enjoy same.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Had one, sold it. Bought a POF .308 AR. Never looked back. Great idea and concept. The infinitely adjustable gas system is quite difficult to get dialed in. And every time yoj change ammo brands or weights or lot number etc, you have to dial the gas again. Someone on KTOG forums, Kel-Tecs forums, was in the final stages developing an adjustable gas block to help with that. Not sure how that is working now though.

Top Bottom