Tell friends you're carrying when in their house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Necro poster..........:dunno:
    Averaging 6 posts per year, I wonder if they are all necro-posts. I also wonder which liberal part of the state. It may be another 2 months before we find out. Bloomington? Broad Ripple?

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    All my friends know I carry on regular basis and most of them either carry or own firearms so never really been an issue. For the few friends that don't I don't tell and never been a problem

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    If all your friends know you carry, what do you do when a friend of a friend breaks into you home and takes your gun. My advice is to CC and keep your mouth shut. If you want bragging rights, do it here.
    I suppose if that is your worry my only thought would be maybe you should choose your friends wiser.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I know my social circles are different than others but I'm tired of people toning down gun ownership as if it's something to be hidden. There's a time and a place for it, sure, but what's wrong with letting every single person you meet know, "OF COURSE I'm carrying a gun. I'm an American. You mean you don't carry one? What's wrong with you???"

The tide is turning. We're gaining supporters all the time!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have always made a point to know which of my friends (old and new) are pro and anti. When I am visiting friends who don't want guns in their house I simply leave the gun locked in the car safe.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My circle of friends is such that if I'm at their house and DON'T have a gun, they will provide one, but only after much deserved brow beating and ridicule! As far as aquintances, what they don't know...

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Friends and family know I carry. I've only had 1 person give me guidelines to carrying in his home. Which is no round chambered. I don't agree, he has his reasons that I don't agree with but his house his rules.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Friend. It's an easy word to throw around. There are degrees of non-hostiles with me.

Acquaintance. Most people that aren't strangers to me fit in this category. An acquaintance to me is someone I expect not to try to kill me at this moment but deserves watching none the less.

Friend. Someone proven more friendly than an acquaintance, usually through a shared experience or two. I don't expect them to plot against me. I still watch them.

Allies. People I trust with my life. They can watch my six, drink my beer without asking, eat my food, shoot my guns if I'm
    around. Friends graduate to this level after years of shared experiences and tribulation. We help each other, and spend much time roasting meat and downing ale.

I suppose I'm not that much of a social butterfly, but most of my time spent out of work with other people would be with allies. I have a tight group that I expect to see in Valhalla. One of them will probably hand me my first horn of mead. They are all armed, and take it as granted that I am too. On rare occasions I have seen one or two be visibly disappointed I was unarmed at the time. I went to Sam's Club today with two such allies. Between them and myself an assailant would have been facing five handguns with a total of 97 available rounds and three sharp knives. We're not looking for trouble, but if it starts we're not about to give it a comfortable place to sit.

I had a dear friend that passed away three years ago that used to hug me and feel around playing the "where's the gun today" game. I miss her. It's part of me to be armed, and I don't waste time around people that don't embrace that aspect of what is me. YMMV.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My circle of friends is such that if I'm at their house and DON'T have a gun, they will provide one, but only after much deserved brow beating and ridicule! As far as aquintances, what they don't know...
    My best friend had let his LTCH expire and I have done that exact thing to him a few times whn he's been over. In all fairness, he was a volunteer PO for a small town up north and had the badge for a while and never thought to check the expiration date (we both got ours pre-lifetime). Silly goose.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    My friends carry also, and we typically all carry the same thing, Govt.1911 , so it's no surprise. If it was someone I don't know too well, I don't bother telling them, it's none of their business.

schoedog2323

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Indy
    I carry everywhere even in my own home. Family and close friends usually ask me if they Don't see a gun more than if I am carrying. You should never let another person dictate where or how you carry because you never know what might happen. Always better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Top Bottom