• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've been to a TEA Party gathering or two; one focussing on the minority candidate who was running for Congress from my district. I've heard a lot about how government is taking too much of our money and giving it away to garner support for itself. I've heard people say it's wrong to not enforce our immigration laws and allow immigrants who have no marketable skills to live on welfare while our taxes go up. I've heard people saying we can't continue to borrow and spend money we don't have; that as citizens we're not allowed to run our finances that way and the federal government shouldn't be allowed to do it either.

Are those some of the minority-bashing comments you've heard? Perhaps you would be good enough to drop us some links demonstrating the calumny of which the TEA Party is guilty? I'm sure if we look around we can find some links to articles talking about how the IRS suppressed and harassed nascent TEA Party organizations across the nation last year. Perhaps that's why you believe the TEA Party is declining. Does it worry you that the government harassed a political movement whose main thrust was getting the government to reduce its size?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been to a TEA Party gathering or two; one focussing on the minority candidate who was running for Congress from my district. I've heard a lot about how government is taking too much of our money and giving it away to garner support for itself. I've heard people say it's wrong to not enforce our immigration laws and allow immigrants who have no marketable skills to live on welfare while our taxes go up. I've heard people saying we can't continue to borrow and spend money we don't have; that as citizens we're not allowed to run our finances that way and the federal government shouldn't be allowed to do it either.

Are those some of the minority-bashing comments you've heard? Perhaps you would be good enough to drop us some links demonstrating the calumny of which the TEA Party is guilty? I'm sure if we look around we can find some links to articles talking about how the IRS suppressed and harassed nascent TEA Party organizations across the nation last year. Perhaps that's why you believe the TEA Party is declining. Does it worry you that the government harassed a political movement whose main thrust was getting the government to reduce its size?

That's racist.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The 59 Tea Party Caucus Members Before the 2012 Election

Sandy Adams (FL-24)
    , Robert Aderholt (AL-04), Todd Akin (MO-02) , Rodney Alexander (LA-05), Michele Bachmann (MN-06), Roscoe Bartlett (MD-06) , Joe Barton (TX-06), Gus Bilirakis (FL-09) (FL-12), Rob Bishop (UT-01), Diane Black (TN-06),

Paul Broun (GA-10), Michael Burgess (TX-26), Dan Burton (IN-05) , John Carter (TX-31), Bill Cassidy (LA-06), Howard Coble (NC-06), Ander Crenshaw (FL-04), John Culberson (TX-07), Jeff Duncan (SC-03), Blake Farenthold (TX-27)
    Stephen Lee Fincher (TN-08), John Fleming (LA-04), Trent Franks (AZ-02)(AZ-08), Phil Gingrey (GA-11), Louie Gohmert (TX-01), Vicky Hartzler (MO-04), Wally Herger (CA-02) , Tim Huelskamp (KS-01), Lynn Jenkins (KS-02), Steve King (IA-05) (IA-04)
    Doug Lamborn (CO-05), Jeff Landry (LA-03) , Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-09) (MO-03), Kenny Marchant (TX-24), Tom McClintock (CA-04), David McKinley (WV-01), Gary Miller (CA-42)(CA-31), Mick Mulvaney (SC-05), Randy Neugebauer (TX-19), Rich Nugent (FL-05) (FL-11)
    Steven Palazzo (MS-04), Steve Pearce (NM-02), Mike Pence (IN-06) , Ted Poe (TX-02), Tom Price (GA-06), Denny Rehberg (MT-AL) , David "Phil" Roe (TN-01), Dennis Ross (FL-12) (FL-15), Edward Royce (CA-40)(CA-39), Steve Scalise (LA-01)
    Pete Sessions (TX-32), Lamar Smith (TX-21), Adrian Smith (NE-03), Cliff Stearns (FL-06) , Tim Walberg (MI-07), Joe Walsh (IL-08) , Allen West (FL-22) (FL-18) , Lynn Westmoreland (GA-03), Joe Wilson (SC-02)

Note 1:
    Eleven Congresspersons (whose names I bolded) won’t be returning to the House next year. 11 of 59 members are gone, which is 19%. That leaves 48 current members (plus whoever joins next year after the swearing in ceremony).

Note 2:
    If a name is followed by two Congressional districts, the second is their new district number after redistricting.

I don't see growth here.

I would also submit that the Tea Party is largely responsible for the loss of the Senate Majority for the GOP in 2012.

Had the Tea Party acted as a force for governance rather than obstruction and dissent, I would think that controlling both houses in Congress could have got us a lot farther along the road to fiscal responsibility and a dial-back of Obamacare more consistent with true healthcare reform.

After yesterday, I think the House is in jeopardy in 2014. And I fault the Tea Party for that.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Do my eyes deceive me or has this descended into another race-baiting event? Goodness.

How about a thread where no one uses that four-letter word, and instead all discuss political principles in a lucid manner?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It's about remessaging. The hi-jinks of the Tea Party have resulted in a low public opinion of this minority group in Congress. It is high time y'all cleaned up your act and acted as responsible citizens and worked at the job we expect our representatives to do: governance. Otherwise, the Tea Party is irrelevant and a one-hit wonder on the Top 40.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's about remessaging. The hi-jinks of the Tea Party have resulted in a low public opinion of this minority group in Congress. It is high time y'all cleaned up your act and acted as responsible citizens and worked at the job we expect our representatives to do: governance. Otherwise, the Tea Party is irrelevant and a one-hit wonder on the Top 40.

The media portrayal of the tea party has had a larger impact.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You've done it to yourselves. The media doesn't write blog entries. You guys do. Granted, they may not represent the entirety of the views of it's membership, but they serve you poorly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You've done it to yourselves. The media doesn't write blog entries. You guys do. Granted, they may not represent the entirety of the views of it's membership, but they serve you poorly.

Hope you're not pointing that finger at me. I'm not a tea party member or supporter. I agree with their fiscal platform.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013

I didn't realize that the internet restricted opinions. I didn't realize that people couldn't buy their way onto TV. I get tired of hearing this bull**** excuse of "media". "Eehhhh meeeddiaa, theee media. They hate us eeeehhhhh." If you can't find an outlet that wants to support the Tea Party, it's probably because the Tea Party's ideals are probably stupid. Let's put it another way, shall we?

You (and others) keep saying: "Everyone one around us says we look like a turd, smell like a turd, and taste like a turd."

Yet you seem to believe you're a rose. Newsflash: if you look like a turd, smell like a turd, and taste like a turd...you're probably a turd.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    This right here says it in a nutshell. The media pick and choose what they want you to see and hear. A large part of the population doesn't seek alternate forms of media and just believes what the MSM tells them. I personally want more people like Sen. Cruz in office we all would be better off.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Wow...three (or 12, depending on your settings) pages and not one mention of why the folks in Calgary are upset with Ted Cruz.

Did they catch him rooting for the Oilers instead of the Flames? :dunno:

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I really like the guy myself. Not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Quite rare these days

He's also been pretty upfront with why he thinks what he thinks. He's also been very civil and polite to those who call him a Terrorist and worse. So much for Obama, Reid and Peloci being civil.

Yet if Obama does the same thing he's a Tyrant and dictator. The double standards are amazing on this forum...

Oh.. I think executive orders to take away peoples rights, and not enforce LAW OF THE LAND if he does not like it. OH that also included the ACA. Also I seem to remember someone screaming about leadership and debt. Oh yea it was SENATOR Obama when he was in the Senate.

Top Bottom