• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    I have never been a victim of a gun, but I would like to share the positive aspects of guns with those that have had negative impacts from guns. I would like to start in some way shape or form a group of shooters that would offer their time and resources to victims of gun violence. Is this just crazy? :dunno:

I envision it would be modeled after Project Appleseed with a slight twist to focus more on gun safety and the positive impacts gun can have in the face of a disaster. Much like the shooting on Lexigton Green and the events of Meriams Corner was the turning point for America.

Let me know if this is just nuts, stupid or a great idea. If this is a good idea, what and how you teach victims of gun crimes that guns are not evil, its the person behind the gun that makes it good or evil.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    How about teaching victims of evil men to stop evil men?

The wording paints the wrong picture, as it isn't the gun's fault.

You could always go with an Edmund Burke quote.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    People can learn. I was held hostage at age 5 and had a gun at my head for an hour or so. I hate the person,:xmad:, not the tool.:):

Some years later, I had a similar incident. Same results.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think your biggest challenge is going to be marketing/recruiting. People who have decided to 'hate the gun' are probably unlikely to seek out your class to have their minds changed. How do you intend to reach people, make them aware of your services, and convince them to give you a chance?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If more people were educated on how to safely enjoy and respect guns starting from a young age, then we would have much fewer shootings.

I maintain that rifleman training should begin in fifth grade or so, and be a required class in every school, or more likely, part of a broader class like PE.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    People can learn. I was held hostage at age 5 and had a gun at my head for an hour or so. I hate the person,:xmad:, not the tool.:):

Some years later, I had a similar incident. Same results.
    Wait... You've been held hostage, not once, but twice?!?! That's got to be one of the bigger statistical anomalies I've heard in a long time.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I said similar.
    A relative with some dementia thought I was ?????, heck I don't know what he thought. I was facing a loaded, safety off gun for several minutes from about 5'-6' trying to convince the person I was a relative.
    Some people being held at gunpoint would consider it beiing a victim. Whether it qualifies or not, I'm unsure. A little more pressure on the trigger and it would have been bad for me.

Top Bottom