• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, this time the goons dragged a disabled lady out of her car, (claiming their dog alerted on pills. Yeah, right) and proned her out. All because she readily admitted she had legally possessed firearms with her. These cretins need to be disbanded, along with their stasi stops and sent to pick up garbage along the roadside. How a court ever agreed that these stops were even slightly Constitutional is beyond me.

Teacher with legal guns triggers CBP checkpoint incident

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Disband Border Patrol? Then what? Who'll patrol the border, or will immigration just go on the honor system?

Did they use a tank?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Disband Border Patrol? Then what? Who'll patrol the border, or will immigration just go on the honor system?

Did they use a tank?

They're not patrolling the border. They're 100 miles from it. If they want to be the border patrol then they should get their asses down to the border and walk the line. This is just more police state nonsense and it needs to be squashed. As for disbanding them...I have no issue with that either. Let the county sheriffs down there do it. By the numbers of border crossers here, I'd say the BP is incompetent on their best day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As for disbanding them...I have no issue with that either. Let the county sheriffs down there do it. By the numbers of border crossers here, I'd say the BP is incompetent on their best day.

Your original post called for disbanding, so I didn't think so.

As usual, you speak from a position of ignorance as to conditions on the ground and assume you know what's going on. BP is far from incompetent, but when then are given insufficient resources and when the political and judicial system aren't pulling their weight, there's only so much they can do.

When I was there, you caught an illegal, you thumbprinted them, and if they didn't have any dope, warrants, etc. they were driven back to a border checkpoint and put back into Mexico. They could try again in a few hours. If BP catches you 10 times and you get through on the 11th, the only thing you were out was time.

The border consists of nothing but a fence in many places, and even less in long stretches. It's impossible to adequately patrol the border given the manpower they need, ESPECIALLY when people who are caught are just put back to try again.

I'm all for letting the county sheriffs enforce immigration law. Nationwide. Every police department and sheriff's department that comes into contact with an illegal or arrests an illegal should be able to call the feds and have them picked up and deported. But that steps on too many toes. Liberals whine about profiling and "people getting deported for an out headlight", conservatives whine about wages and "can't find Americans to do these jobs" which is code for the jobs don't pay enough, and so nothing gets done. We do not punish illegals who do not get through, we reward those who manage to get through, and then blame the ones tasked with catching them when they can't stem the tide?

Blaming BP for these failings and calling them incompetent is ridiculous.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    So there aren't enough BP agents at the border, they man checkpoints 100 miles in and "We seize drugs at these checkpoints, and we make arrests of people who are wanted on warrants.". I'd say they aren't doing their primary job in favor of doing domestic policing. Put them back on the border then.

When the officers on INGO feel that police are being unfairly leaned upon by some, this sort of bs is what triggers anti police and anti government sentiment.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The only time I hear anything about the border patrol is when they are searching a wheel chair, or harassing some lady with a walker. At least they didn't dump two magazines in the poor women.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There were 20,745 border patrol agents as of April 9, 2011; 17,659 of them stationed along the southwest border with Mexico, according to data provided by Steven Cribby, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security.

The border with Mexico is 1989 miles long.If you divide the agents into 3 shifts we have enough agents, if put in a line on the border an officer would be stationed every 580 yards.Border patrol has already flown over 10,000 drone flights on the southern border.

Of course since the information in 2011 from DHS the number of agents has increased to well over 21,000(on the southern border).

Politics is the only reason the border is not secure.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There were 20,745 border patrol agents as of April 9, 2011; 17,659 of them stationed along the southwest border with Mexico, according to data provided by Steven Cribby, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security.

The border with Mexico is 1989 miles long.If you divide the agents into 3 shifts we have enough agents, if put in a line on the border an officer would be stationed every 580 yards.Border patrol has already flown over 10,000 drone flights on the southern border.

Of course since the information in 2011 from DHS the number of agents has increased to well over 21,000(on the southern border).

Politics is the only reason the border is not secure.

People need days off, so it would have to be 4 shifts.
    And a lot of those agents are going to be desk jockeys.
    Border crossings require several agents there, at the same time.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

Did they use a tank?

We could militarize the border and fire on anyone that crosses? It would be more effective and serve as a deterrent. The ones that are here aren't going anywhere, Obama is seeing to that.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Your original post called for disbanding, so I didn't think so.

As usual, you speak from a position of ignorance as to conditions on the ground and assume you know what's going on. BP is far from incompetent, but when then are given insufficient resources and when the political and judicial system aren't pulling their weight, there's only so much they can do.

When I was there, you caught an illegal, you thumbprinted them, and if they didn't have any dope, warrants, etc. they were driven back to a border checkpoint and put back into Mexico. They could try again in a few hours. If BP catches you 10 times and you get through on the 11th, the only thing you were out was time.

The border consists of nothing but a fence in many places, and even less in long stretches. It's impossible to adequately patrol the border given the manpower they need, ESPECIALLY when people who are caught are just put back to try again.

I'm all for letting the county sheriffs enforce immigration law. Nationwide. Every police department and sheriff's department that comes into contact with an illegal or arrests an illegal should be able to call the feds and have them picked up and deported. But that steps on too many toes. Liberals whine about profiling and "people getting deported for an out headlight", conservatives whine about wages and "can't find Americans to do these jobs" which is code for the jobs don't pay enough, and so nothing gets done. We do not punish illegals who do not get through, we reward those who manage to get through, and then blame the ones tasked with catching them when they can't stem the tide?

Blaming BP for these failings and calling them incompetent is ridiculous.

Care to comment on the drug dogs alerting on prescription medications? I already know the answer...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, this time the goons dragged a disabled lady out of her car, (claiming their dog alerted on pills. Yeah, right) and proned her out. All because she readily admitted she had legally possessed firearms with her. These cretins need to be disbanded, along with their stasi stops and sent to pick up garbage along the roadside. How a court ever agreed that these stops were even slightly Constitutional is beyond me.

Teacher with legal guns triggers CBP checkpoint incident
    Was there something in the video I missed? I didn't watch it, but the article used the phrase, "ordered her out of the vehicle" and there's a photo of her on a quad-wheeler.

Top Bottom