• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I have seen generally positive reviews on the LCP but have not seen many reviews for the Taurus TCP, good, bad or otherwise. Just wanted to see if any of my fellow INGO members have had good luck with the TCP. Thanks all.

Thanks for all of the below responses. Lowest I have seen on an LCP is $269 but I have not priced the TCP. Anybody know what these usually run?

Last edited:

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have seen generally positive reviews on the LCP but have not seen many reviews for the Taurus TCP, good, bad or otherwise. Just wanted to see if any of my fellow INGO members have had good luck with the TCP. Thanks all.

If you don't mind going a tad bigger the LC9 is pretty nice. I have one and really like it for my carry piece. I just added the LaserMax site. When I bought mine the LaserMax wasn't available. It give you a little more stopping power than a 380. Also It helps to keep my ammo selections down.:twocents:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I still have my LCP, but had to part with my TCP. I was having some feeding issues with the Taurus that, even after getting sent back to the factory, continued. I traded the gun off for a .22 rifle. Maybe some people have had some great luck with their TCPs, but I did not. I have just over 300 rounds through the LCP with the only problem being Sellier and Ballot ammo not wanting to feed right, but everything else runs good! (Yes, I tried four different kinds of ammo through the Taurus. I'm not a Taurus gun basher, just telling you how my experience was):ingo:

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    love my LCP, carry it anytime i don't want to deal with bulk, or when i want deep concealment.

it took a little bit to get used to shooting, i had a couple jams the first time i shot it but they were all shooter error because transitioning from a Glock 23 to the LCP in the same range trip is a bit tough. but all in all its a sweet shooter. even my girlfriend who never shot a gun in her life before that range trip liked it, of course her hands are way smaller than mine.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    My Ruger LCP is an excellent conceal carry gun.

RugerLCP380wDesantisNemesisHolster.jpg

I carry it in a DeSanti Nemesis Holster.

:cool:

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i have owned the lcp and my brother has the tcp. he got his for like 219. i liked the tcp better because it has the slide lock when mag is empty lcp doesnt.. they both r basically same size and shoot equal

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Had my TCP for about 3 months before trading it in on a S&W 642. At first I really liked the look of it and at the time it was about 100 dollars cheaper than the LCP. The reasons I got rid of it are the slide stop was very difficult to release on mine and the recoil and small sights made it kind of unpleasant to shoot, not saying recoil was too much but it just didn't make for a fun day of plinking.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I really like the TCP, The reviews I have seen are 4 to 1 good reviews on the Taurus.

As far as price one of the local stores has them $249 but some of there stuff is kinda high in prices so I wouldn't be surprised to find it lower.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    I bought one a few weeks ago and paid 199.00. I wanted the lcp but went with the tcp because of the sale price. It's a great gun for what it is. Not exactly "fun" for plinking but great for throwing in the pocket for a little added comfort.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i think no matter which pocket 380 u shoot. they r all horrible. but ive owned the lcp and keltec. and brother has tcp. but better than throwing rocks

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

I have a TCP as a pocket carry. I picked it over the others because it didn't want to twist up in my hand on every round I fired. It just had a lot better purchase area for my hand.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Well, I still have my LCP, but had to part with my TCP. I was having some feeding issues with the Taurus that, even after getting sent back to the factory, continued. I traded the gun off for a .22 rifle. Maybe some people have had some great luck with their TCPs, but I did not. I have just over 300 rounds through the LCP with the only problem being Sellier and Ballot ammo not wanting to feed right, but everything else runs good! (Yes, I tried four different kinds of ammo through the Taurus. I'm not a Taurus gun basher, just telling you how my experience was):ingo:

Similar experience here, except that mine made two trips back to the factory before I gave up and traded it. My LCP has been flawless. Oh, and I traded for a .22 revolver.

New TCP's have been around $200 lately, so if you can find one that works, it will be a bargain. The TCP is a neat little gun, but I couldn't trust mine.

Top Bottom