• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I did my taxes and I do not owe this year! I'm getting a refund, but after I filed on 2/9, I was informed that the IRS is "not ready to accept" my return and others like mine. Has anyone experienced this?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    There are a few refunds and credits that aren't entirely meshed out in the new processing system they have, so some returns are delayed. The biggest group affected were the educational credits, but I think most of those have cleared up now. Between that and pushing everyone later with the "cliff" stuff it's pretty frustrating, especially for businesses.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I got money back this year too! Its got me wondering what to buy. But luckily for me I didn't get hit with that. I just did mine yesterday. Maybe that played into it?:dunno: Good luck Que. May you too begin the pondering of future purchases.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got money back this year too! Its got me wondering what to buy. But luckily for me I didn't get hit with that. I just did mine yesterday. Maybe that played into it?:dunno: Good luck Que. May you too begin the pondering of future purchases.

Nah, no purchases for me. I hope you get something fun.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes. LATEST I hear is that they will be ready to accept my tax forms next week. They accepted my overpayment last year.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am scratching my head on LLC portion paperwork at the moment. Let's do a freaking national sales tax and dump the enormous tax compliance burden

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yup. Turbotax informed me that they wouldn't be shipping refunds until at least March for cases like ours. So I am guessing if we'd had to pay, we would also get extra time? :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yup. Turbotax informed me that they wouldn't be shipping refunds until at least March for cases like ours. So I am guessing if we'd had to pay, we would also get extra time? :D

Yeah, when I paid they were all set up and ready to take that money. :D I'm not sure why they are "not accepting my type of refund." We have student loans, rental property, primary residence and we donate about 25%, just like any other ear, so what's the big issue this year?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I filed last Wednesday and received my federal return this past Thursday. I went through H&R Block. This was the first year I didn't fill out the forms by hand. Definitely going through H&R again.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Well, I did my taxes and I do not owe this year! I'm getting a refund, but after I filed on 2/9, I was informed that the IRS is "not ready to accept" my return and others like mine. Has anyone experienced this?

Yup, my return was "not ready to be accepted" due to one of my credits. I turned mine in on 2/1 and it was accepted 2/15.

Top Bottom