• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I would go with 9mm... cheaper ammo (if you can find it) both 9mm and 45 acp are getting scarce... but cheaper for target shooting and will still get the job done for personal defense. I'm thinking about getting a Glock 17 myself. its between that and an M&P 9mm

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    IRS is holding back payment of them. But why would you have a tax return if you withhold the proper taxes throughout the year? I don't want the government holding onto my money!

Nothing like giving Uncle Sam an interest-free loan of YOUR money, then having to jump through loopholes to get it back!

Pinball81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    If you decide .45, just go for the a 1911! I realize your question was specific to Glock, but had throw it out there. In my mind, it's the "true" .45 experience. Just one man's opinion!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have converted to mostly all 45 shooting and reloading. I recently ran a match coarse with a barrowed gen 4 Glock and it was a great gun paired up with a serpa holster. I love my 1911 but that Glock would be my next choice. Nothing compares to a 45 round on steel targets.

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The Gen4 Glock 21 is my favorite handgun (okay, maybe favorite autoloader). It's a big 'ol brick of a gun and I love it. I prefer its grip size over the 9's and I feel like I shoot it better as a result. I used to find .45acp on shelves more than 9mm but now I can't find anything. The low pressure .45 makes for a good reloading round. My next carry gun will be a Glock 30.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Previous Glock was a model 19 in 9mm. Loved it, wish I still had it.

Currently carrying a 30 SF in .45 ACP. Love it, never getting rid of it.

Both are great guns, and I feel confident than any other variant in those calibers is also a great gun.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    I just got a glock 30sf, and love it. The 9mm ammo is def cheaper if you can find it, but .45 ammo isn't priced outrageous. I can get a box of 50 fmj for around $28.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    go with the glock 21. If you want a good carry weapon that's the way to go. if you want to have a new gun for the range go with the g19 but the stopping power of a 45 you can't argue with for a side arm. You might want to look into an xd 45 too. I own both a g22 and xd 45 tactical and I love them both however I like the trigger on the glock more.

tackdriver47371

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    Biggest difference I have found is size/feel. Go to a decent shop and put them in your hand. My favorite in a 45 for my hand is the full size XDM45 for the capacity and over all feel. Best fitting 45 I have handled is a taurus (I do not recall the model) only a 6+1 capacity. However I prefer a few more rounds. Best route is go physically handle several of various calibers. I have two favorites to carry. The XD or my old trusty PT940. Love them Both.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That'll take care of alot of bad guys right there.

One of the selling points for me of holding out for a Gen 4 glock was that it came with 3x mags instead of two. In this market, that easily makes it worth a little more cash.

Not too many factory .40s that let you load up 45 rounds straight outta the box.

This assumes no floor plate extensions, nor the 22-round "enhanced" capacity;) .40 Glock mags.

Cowboy76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have a glock 19 that was my 1st carry gun, but I've always preferred a .45. I now carry a kahr cw45. Both are great guns. The kahr only holds 6+1, but it's a 45, it will take 1911 mags. I think it's a personal preferance. Remember your friends guns aren't their wifes go fondle their guns & see what you like.

Top Bottom