• ...and so much more!
  • Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Hey all,

So for my next gun I would like to purchase a tavor. However, I have some questions, and would like some input from knowledgeable people here. My first question is, 16.5" barrel or 18", and what questions should I be asking myself to decide? Next, any recommendations on where to buy one?

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    What color do you want! I have the 16.5" barrel and it works great!

You won't be disappointed either way.

Their also releasing a 9mm conversion barrel for it.

I haven't taken out for any long range shooting yet waiting for my optics in the mail.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Another proud owner here. Barrel length is really a personal preference. Both are incredibly accurate. The one thing the 18" has over the 16 is the bayonet lug. Ive been keeping up with people using the tavor in 3 gun and steel challenges and they perform outstanding. I know of a guy that uses a 16" in steel challenges and rings targets at 400 yards with an eotech as optic. Not sure what kind of ammo. Take your pick on where to buy, kinda hard to find in LGS' it seems. Best bullpup on the market in my opinion.

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I'll probably just go with black. That is one thing that attracted me to it, the 9mm conversion, as well as others that are in the works. What is the farthest you have shot with it? Also, what optics did you end up going with?

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I run mine with an eotech but am waiting for my 3x vortex magnifier in the mail. So far only 25 yards max but soon to be farther as soon as I get my backstop built.

Last edited:

Gman75

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Boone County
    I have the 16.5" barrel. I have only put about 100rds through it. Did ok using the buis out to 50 yards. Just bought a vortex sparc to put on it. On where to buy I was at bradis on Sunday and there was one hanging on the wall.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I would really like to get one of these as well. Im on hold for buying for a while. Just moved to IN from communist IL. MAC on youtube does some great reviews on the gun. If you have not watched those id suggest to do that first.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    My uncles a dealer and may be able to get a few if anyone's interested. He ordered mine for me.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I can't help you with barrel length (mine is 16" for no particular reason), but I can tell you about my optic search. I started out with a Primary Arms clone of the Aimpoint T1. Worked fine, but my crappy eyes wanted some magnification for longer shots. I then tried a fixed 3x scope (also Primary Arms). Worked fine, but still wanted something for the closer stuff. I put the T1 clone on a 45 degree offset mount along with the 3x optic which actually works fine, but still wanted something different. That set up is what is pictured below. I'm now working with a Bushnell 1-4x first focal plane scope in a Burris Pepper mount. Still need to work with it some, but so far I'm really liking it. At 1x it works like a red dot. Because it is first focal plane, when I zoom out, the reticle grows in proportion to the view so I can better line up the target.

TavorTreeViewLeftSide1_zpse6c33aa0.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'll probably just go with black. That is one thing that attracted me to it, the 9mm conversion, as well as others that are in the works. What is the farthest you have shot with it? Also, what optics did you end up going with?

As of right now it has an eotech. Ive taken my first one out to 100 yard on steel and it was great. Have not had a chance to shoot the tavor since august.

7C39B429-9A5A-4112-A019-06DBCF946BF5_zpsv9hfia5o.jpg

Last edited:

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I probably would have if I would have known. I originally bought a UTG 3x magnifier from a local dealer. As soon as I got it I knew something was wrong. My Eotech's red dot was in the far bottom right hand corner. I took it back and tried another and that one was off a bit but not as bad as well. At that point I discovered you just cant cheap out on your optics. There were no adjustment screws as well.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Well I ordered it online 2 days ago so too late now. My local shop only handles UTG. I've never dealt with the brand before this but after this poor experience and reading reviews I'm not sure I'd shop purchase any more UTG products.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well I ordered it online 2 days ago so too late now. My local shop only handles UTG. I've never dealt with the brand before this but after this poor experience and reading reviews I'm not sure I'd shop purchase any more UTG products.

If you ordered online unless they had it in stock your looking at late December-early January.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom