• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    You have just discovered the reason most judge/governors are low round count drawer queens. Lol

Not every purchase needs to be practical nor serve a specific use. Guns can be used for safe entertainment.

Go buy some 2 liters of soda and boxes of mixed 410 loads. Blast away, have a laugh and then you can keep or sell the Judge. You will always be able to say, “Hell, yes, I’ve had a Judge!!”

I would hesitate to keep for HD as I believe you should regularly shoot a firearm you would rely upon for life threatening situations.

Oh. Hanging water balloons are fun with 410 pistols too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have considered buying one to use on the hordes of Chipmunks putting holes all around my house. I would have to find one really, really cheap though.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have considered buying one to use on the hordes of Chipmunks putting holes all around my house. I would have to find one really, really cheap though.

1. The one I bought: $350 - $75 of ammo = $275 is the cheapest I've seen, but I don't really check on them.
    2. I just stumbled onto this one on Armslist looking at all revolvers.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a Crossman M-1 Carbine BB gun (circa 1968) from my youth that is a fun chipmunk eradicator. The seals are pretty worn so you need to get within 10 yards or less. You definitely have to compensate for projectile drop!! Almost more fun than an Elk hunt!

I've also looked at the Bond Arms Snake Slayer. Again, really doesn't serve a purpose other than novelty but they seem well made. Have yet to shoot one...

doddg - I think we've mentioned this before but with your love of small platforms, low cost and whats seem to be an increasing caliber size. You should look at an older Charter Arms in 44 special. I might suggest the Stratford, CT era. They don't sell for much and if you can find an older minty one; they are of decent quality. Just a thought. We all like to help other people spend their money. :-)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    These are a thing. Uppers are available too.

at-14.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a Crossman M-1 Carbine BB gun (circa 1968) from my youth that is a fun chipmunk eradicator. The seals are pretty worn so you need to get within 10 yards or less. You definitely have to compensate for projectile drop!! Almost more fun than an Elk hunt!

I've also looked at the Bond Arms Snake Slayer. Again, really doesn't serve a purpose other than novelty but they seem well made. Have yet to shoot one...

doddg - I think we've mentioned this before but with your love of small platforms, low cost and whats seem to be an increasing caliber size. You should look at an older Charter Arms in 44 special. I might suggest the Stratford, CT era. They don't sell for much and if you can find an older minty one; they are of decent quality. Just a thought. We all like to help other people spend their money. :-)

1. I saw an EAA .357 stainless at Hoosier that I couldn't take my eyes off it, but I have my Smith 38 ss 4" that I"ll live with (but the EAA was a little less expensive!)
    2. I am not going up to 44 caliber; of course, I would not have thought I would have ever bought a Shield 45, but the price was stellar w/ammo and it is barely bigger than my Shild 9mm. I intended to sell it after having my fun with it, but now, seeing how it is about the same size as the 9mm: I'm still thinking about it. :laugh:
    3. I would not have bought the Judge, but b/c of the trade I can more easily sell it than my Sid 22 caliber, and I will have had experience with a gun I was curious about from the beginning (not Creation, but since May 2017 :lmfao::lmfao:).
    4. I don't even want to shoot it again until I get Pachmayr grips made for it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    44 special has less recoil (same platform to platform) than 357 magnum. Also think push versus snap.

In my experience with the Governor - don't expect much difference with grips. Some guns, like my 629's, I find more controllable with wood grips. Other I prefer the rubber.
    357 magnum is my favorite handgun caliber and the answer to every handgun caliber debate this side of bear country!!! :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    44 special has less recoil (same platform to platform) than 357 magnum. Also think push versus snap.

In my experience with the Governor - don't expect much difference with grips. Some guns, like my 629's, I find more controllable with wood grips. Other I prefer the rubber.
    357 magnum is my favorite handgun caliber and the answer to every handgun caliber debate this side of bear country!!! :rockwoot:

1. That's the sort of input this newb appreciates: filing into long term memory (hopefully :dunno: ).
    2. Just like after hearing about 3 people talk about the 40mm vs the 45mm with the 40mm "snap" I dismissed the 40 mm.
    3. At this point in my life, I don't need to prove I'm a man by the size of my caliber: I already know I'm on the down side. :ugh:
    4. I am surprised (shocked, dismayed, unbelief) over your "don't expect much difference with grips" comment.
    5. The only experience I have is that when I bought the strangely-angled Delta grips for my Smith snubbie Airweight, it was better b/c like a few guns I've run across (Walther PPS ?, my Smith snubbie and this blasted Judge), the trigger guard hits/beats against my middle finger, causing me "discomfort." :crying:
    6. I can't believe they put such small grips on "shotgun" revolver! Yes, I'm still complaining about it, but if bad people were in my house: I'd get over it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Don't flame me for stating for the obvious but grips are just sooooooo user specific. My experience is with the Governor; the Judge may very well have worse grips.

I also prefer Hogue rubber grips on a J-frame. Even my beloved Model 19 K-frame 357 wears rubbers even on sunny days (to younger folks - rubbers once referred to rain boots - so that was a poor attempt at humor). 629/686's I prefer wood target stocks.

40 SW isn't really that bad. Some day you'll need to shoot some 3rd gen Smiths and/or all metal CZ's. Really soft shooting full size guns; especially in 9mm. I just bought my first 3rd gen in 40SW and am looking forward to some range with a big heavy 40 cal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    These are a thing. Uppers are available too.

at-14.jpg

Um, I highly suggest you RUN AWAY from that Safir Arms AR15 in .410.
    Why you ask?
    Well, it's a VERY long story, but suffice it to say, I filed a complaint with the BBB over one of these uppers that were imported by American Tactical Imports.
    I bought a new upper from GunBroker, spent the next two years trying to get a replacement for the piece of s*** they sold me.
    I ended up paying a local gunsmith to get it running.
    Seems to run fine now, but I don't know if I can ever trust it completely, and I would feel bad pawning off on someone else, so I keep it as a novelty., and a reminder to stay away from A.T.I.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Found this on a Taurus Judge Poly Public Defender site:

change from factory Judge to Pachmayr is a winner
    November 25, 2014

The factory grips for the Taurus Judge are very small even for a user with small hands particularly with the significant recoil of this pistol. I put the Pachmayr grips on the pistol and they are awesome. They fit well using the factor screw and the control and fell of the Pachmayr grip are wonderful. I was considering selling the Judge because of the poor factory grip. The Pachmayr changed my mind completely. Now the Judge is controlable and the recoil is hardly noticable. I recommend anyone purchasing the Judge change out the grip immediately. The Judge changes from a hard to control pistol to a more accurate, comfortable pistol with that small change.

Ordering now!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    In stainless it would be a great shark-snake-gator gun for the tackle box... uh, oh yeah, I left the Gulf Coast.:ugh:

The Judge might be one of those firearms that a dyed in the wool wheel weight shooter would spend amazing amounts of time tinkering with.

Top Bottom