• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Hi guys, I recently purchased a Taurus PT111 Pro, and I have been looking all over the internet for accessories (holsters and sights mainly) and there just doesn't seem to be much out there. Anyone have any experience with these guns and know of anything available specifically for this gun? Thanks!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I have a taurus 24/7 and holsters are hard to find for that too.. Go to a LGS and try out holsters that aren't specifically for your gun. I bet you will find one that fits. I use a universal belt slide holster that looks like the one in the link. It works great, and I think it looks good too...

They make them in different sizes, and it can be used IWB, or OWB. Obviously the one I carry is a smidge larger than the one pictured, but you get the idea..

Sights, I can't help you with. That's tough, but while you're at your LGS, ask them I am sure they can help..

Heres a picture of the holster I use... clicky

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had one years ago. Don Hume makes a decent IWB leather holster for it. Also, some of the holsters for the Glock 19 will fit it that aren't custom formed exactly for the G19.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    What you do is take a Bianchi fit chart. Look at the column listing the model numbers for the holsters in the third column labeled 'leather concealment'. Use the model numbers in that column next to the PT111 Pro.

Here's the fun part...take the model numbers that you've listed, and see which ones apply to other pistols in the Bianchi chart. Now, you've got a whole list of holsters that either fit, or are very close. Choosing one that is the same model number, and very close to the same barrel length worked for me. Then, you can visit a popular auction site if you're looking for a used holster. Now, you can look at other brand holsters (that your pistol will fit) based on the Bianchi chart. See also Crossbreed Supertuck, and Wild Bill's Contour Slide.

PM with any questions, it works!

Last edited:

hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Thanks for the info guys. What do you guys think about an ankle holster? I know the gun is pretty small, but its not the smallest out there, do you think it would conceal ok with an ankle holster? The reason that I ask is that I just have a little bit of a gut haha so carrying IWB isn't very comfortable.

hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Mostly, I dont like OWB because most of my clothes aren't baggy enough to conceal it very well and I just don't like the idea of carrying out in the open. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't like feeling like I'm making people uncomfortable. In my opinion, the less noticeable it is, the better just for my comfort level, and also the people around me.

hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Also, Kinda off topic, but I notice a couple of you guys are from Evansville and Newburgh. I'm gonna be down in Evansville over the weekend, you guys know of any good places to shoot that are open to the public?

Top Bottom