• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwoolsey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Has anyone else had bad luck with Taurus semi-auto pistols? To me its not worth the $50 to send a low end gun numerous times to the factory for their "lifetime" warranty.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have two a pt140 and a pt111 and never had a problem with either.The pt140 has around 2500+ rounds through it,the pt 111 has 1500 or so. I did have another pt140 that had a problem with the recoil spring,when i sent it in they sent me the one I currently have new in the box(3 years ago). So I guess I would send it in.They guarantee it will be fixed and if you have to send it in again for they same reason they pick up the tab.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I have a PT1911AR (Taurus's 1911 clone with rail). Not a problem with it.

Note, however, that any manufacturer can have a "lemon" (although some may be more common than others). It's just that with Taurus you are better protected against that eventuality than with some other makes.

Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Junk

I junked a 24/7 pro in .45 about a year ago. The pistol was complete crap with a FTF every mag. They tried repeatedly to fix it, even included new mags. Better off throwing the gun at someone then trusting your life to it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Has anyone else had bad luck with Taurus semi-auto pistols? To me its not worth the $50 to send a low end gun numerous times to the factory for their "lifetime" warranty.

Got a PT-92 and a PT-940 as my carry, never a problem with either one of them. Brother in law has 940 also and a 454, no problems with his either.

But just remember, EVERY manufacture has some lemons! :twocents:

boredstupid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Watch the video and make up your own mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc"]YouTube - 357 Magnum barrel blows off[/ame]

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I junked a 24/7 pro in .45 about a year ago. The pistol was complete crap with a FTF every mag. They tried repeatedly to fix it, even included new mags. Better off throwing the gun at someone then trusting your life to it.

Uh oh. I just picked up a 24/7 in .45....haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though...

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    This guy is off in left field dising the Taurus guns.

I have four Rossi and two Taurus guns and all of them have been trouble free and decent quality. My CC used to be my Rossi Mod 877 stub nose 357mag and is the nicest handling gun I own. Taurus bought out Rossi and from what I see they are now of equal quality with the Rossi. Taurus did not have the best rep years ago but what I am seeing they now make a nice firearm. Is a S&W a better gun, probably but they cost 50% more. Is a Ford as good as a Lexus, not really so if you want a Lexus go out and buy one, don't buy a Ford and expect the same quality.

Five of mine are revolvers and one Rossi is their pump .22 rifle; I have not owned any of their semi-automatics so I cannot comment on those. Bottom line is you get what you pay for up to a point and then you start paying for the name like Glocks. Glocks are fine guns but so are others for less $$$ like my new Steyr M-A1:D.

Just my :twocents:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Opinions

isnt it sad when hi point makes a more reliable hand gun than taurus:laugh:

You know what they say about opinions, everyone has one, just like a-holes. If everyone liked the same things there would only be one model or style of everything we buy.

Top Bottom