• ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    *Update*
    I finally got my gun back from Taurus. I shoulda of had to last Wednesday but Fedex aint the brightest people I have talked to. The invoice from Taurus said the problem was the cylinder and resolution was that it was adjusted. They also sent 10 empty brass. 5 .357 and 5 .38 spl. I sure wish it was warm up a little so I could test it myself.

As some of you may remember I bought a Taurus .357 snubnose. ANd I was having trouble shootin .38 specials out of it. It kept jammin after the first shot. But it shoots .357 ammo just fine.

I called taurus today. They were prolly the most friendly customer service I have ever dealt with. They took my info and what was wrong with the gun. I dont even have to go anywhere to send it off. They said fedex will be at my house on Friday to pick the gun up. Dont have to pay to send it or anything. :+1:

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Yes Taurus has wonderful customer service. Chances are you'll be sent a new revolver. Mine did the exact same thing except opposite but after breaking it in it shot 357s fine.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The only thing I don't care for about Taurus is that you can't buy parts to fix your own firearm if something breaks.You have to send it to them to be fixed.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    The only thing I don't care for about Taurus is that you can't buy parts to fix your own firearm if something breaks.You have to send it to them to be fixed.

Really? The one time I called about something, they offered to sell me the parts, and even told me the part numbers and how much they'd cost both installed or just sent to me.

:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO

Not to be rude but, you'll be out a firearm for only a few days. Turn around is very quick and it's a lifetime warranty. They also pay for the shipping.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Really? The one time I called about something, they offered to sell me the parts, and even told me the part numbers and how much they'd cost both installed or just sent to me.

:twocents:
    I just checked numrichs site, and lo and behold parts are available.The last time I checked (several years ago) none were available.When I had checked it was to repair a firearm for a friend and I couldn'd find parts anywhere.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Not to be rude but, you'll be out a firearm for only a few days. Turn around is very quick and it's a lifetime warranty. They also pay for the shipping.

This was several years ago and the firearm in question just had-has a broken ejector.At the time I told him to contact Taurus and they'd fix it.He still hasn't fixed it.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I stand corrected on the parts issue and think that it's great that they pay for all shipping.I have owned only one taurus and never had any problems with it.I'm a S&W fan and the feel was different, when shooting revolvers (Colt vs S&W vs Taurus vs Ruger) and just feels odd to me, not that it's bad, just different.
    I'll tell my friend that they ship for free.He has the Taurus for self-defense and is his only gun.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    *Update*
    I finally got my gun back from Taurus. I shoulda of had to last Wednesday but Fedex aint the brightest people I have talked to. The invoice from Taurus said the problem was the cylinder and resolution was that it was adjusted. They also sent 10 empty brass. 5 .357 and 5 .38 spl. I sure wish it was warm up a little so I could test it myself.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Glad to hear that they are doing better these days. I have never had to send my gun back, but good to know that they do the job right.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have heard very good things about Taurus' customer service. Glad to hear you confirm it. I have been luck that the ones I have never needed any kind of repair. Nice to know that I will most likely be treated right if I ever need their service!

Thanks for sharing that update!!!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I have always steered aways from Taurus firearms but maybe I will give them a shot.

I look at them as good as any firearm, and when money was tight back in the day, like it isn't now, they were the best bang for the buck. Pardon the pun. I've got a PT-99, eighties vintage, a Millenium 9mm, and of course my beloved Judge stainless 6", and I wouldn't part with any of them. I've considered getting a 1911, and the Taurus version is as attractive as any I've seen. I'm not a collector, just an enthusiast.:yesway:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I'm quite happy with Taurus CS for the only time I've used it. Sent back my PT-1911 after talking to them about a concern I had about it - no real problem, just a potential safety issue I wanted them to check out. They arranged a FedEx pick up on their dime, and the gun went back to them. Exactly four weeks later, I had the gun back in my hands with the issue corrected. They are as good as anyone else as far as my experience goes.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have always steered aways from Taurus firearms but maybe I will give them a shot.

I and my wife have owned a number of them. They've always served well, and always been trouble free. I think Rugers, Smiths, Berettas and other big names are better in terms of refinement and smoothness, but they cost more. If I've got the money to buy a similar firearm from one of the above, I usually will, but if I want a new gun (and there are advantages to them) and don't have the extra money I won't shy away from a Taurus. For example, since I'm currently in a situation where I need to generate money pretty much right now I have to sell my much loved XD9sc. This means that over the next few weeks I will need to replace my gun and am leaning hard to going back to revolvers. I've always loved, and frankly prefer revolvers. I've decided I want a new gun. If I do go back to revolvers, my choices are limited to a 3" SP101 (a fantastic gun, I hate myself for trading mine away a second time) for $430, a GP100 for $500, or a Taurus Model 66 for $400.

Much as I love the SP101, the 5 shot limitation bothers me, and I may decide I prefer a full size gun.

The GP100 is at the absolute limit, in fact may be above, what I will be able to spend just for the gun. In addition, I would need a holster, two new speedloaders, and new grips. Gotta buy the grips, the Hogue's they wear now absolutely do not fit me. That's another $100 to the price of the gun. $600.

The Taurus Model 66 has excellent reviews. It holds 7 rounds, same as the RIA Tactical that I'm also considering. I would also need a new holster and speed loaders for it, but it's price tag means I would still come in under that of the Ruger, even with buying a good leather holster. Given my past experiences with Taurus, I've got no problem considering the gun, and recommend others to the same if their circumstances warrant. I'd love to buy a new Ruger or Smith, but Smith's prices are simply stratospheric, and the only Ruger in the price range is a snubby. Taurus is the only remaining option I can think of for a similar gun in my price range.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have 3 Taurus revolvers and 2 auto and love them all. I had to send my pt140 in because the magazine would fall out after every shot you took. They got it back to me 3 weeks to the day after I sent it in, communication was great, and all is good. The other advantage to Taurus is as far as I know they are the only company that has a lifetime warranty for the life of the firearm, and is fully transferable. It doesnt end when you sell the gun to someone else.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I have 3 Taurus revolvers and 2 auto and love them all. I had to send my pt140 in because the magazine would fall out after every shot you took. They got it back to me 3 weeks to the day after I sent it in, communication was great, and all is good. The other advantage to Taurus is as far as I know they are the only company that has a lifetime warranty for the life of the firearm, and is fully transferable. It doesnt end when you sell the gun to someone else.
    Yeah I def like that about the lifetime warranty. I wish it would warm up a little so I can go test it out myself.

Top Bottom