Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Several Taurus guns... here goes:
    2-PT22 (1 for me...1 for her)
    PT92
    CIA 850
    709 Slim
    Judge PD
    Almost every time I go gun shopping I come home with a Taurus...I fondle a lot of brands but there's just something about a Taurus. We own other guns but our purchasing slant leans toward the bull!

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    605 snubby hand cannon here. ONLY trouble I ever had was a 357 semi-wadcutter that wasn't seated right and got hung up on the forcing cone, so NO problems ever with the actual gun. Probably around 2000 rounds through it. Painful to shoot- makes the web of my hand feel bruised, but the muzzle flash? Priceless!:rockwoot:HOOOOF!

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've always had good luck with my Tauri:

PT145 Millenium Pro SS (traded it)
    PT99 SS (sold it)
    PT1911 SS (keeping forever)
    I would have loved to have a duotone PT1911 but they werent out yet.
    All of them were accurate and reliable guns.

It would be great if I knew how to post pictures in this forum though. :n00b:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have a few,
    DSCF1601.jpg

85 ported 38 five shot
    617 ported titanium seven shot
    817 ported ultralight seven shot
    941 22mag

DSCF1600.jpg

66 4in seven shot x two
    66 6in seven shot

DSCF1605.jpg

PT908 Ported
    PT140
    PT911
    PT24/7

DSCF1604.jpg

PT945
    PT22
    PT25
    PT1911
    DSCF1607.jpg

Ranch Hand-.357
    AND I AM LOOKING FOR MORE..........:ar15:

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I love my PT 24/7 Pro DS 9mm, extremely accurate, 2000 rounds down the pipe not a single problem. Great to shoot all day long.

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    I have a PT100 and also want a PT92, but heard that you can convert the PT100 to 9mm. Anybody out there know where to get the conversion kits? I found a few on line but they were all out of stock.

Gareth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The early Taurus Model 24/7 DAO 9x19 my wife purchased and enjoys shooting:

This PT-99 is my favorite range pistol. Aside from adding the Pachmeyer grips, I also added a FireDragon dual recoil spring/rod, which makes shooting even hot loads more comfortable:

I recently called Taurus CS to inquire about the lifespan of the PT-92/99 lock block. The gentleman I conversed with almost immediately after my call went through was friendly and helpful. He informed me that the lock block should be replaced between 3,000/5,000 rounds fired. And if I sent the original lock block to Taurus, it would be replaced free of charge. Or I could purchase a replacement for $25.00 right then over the phone.

Yes, I think Taurus CS has definitely improved. And I would have no problem with purchasing another Taurus product.

ozzie9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Goshen
    love both of my taurui. I have a 1911 and a 445 snub.

I baught both used so I dont know about round count.

The 445 is of unknown age but I think it is quite old.

It functions fine and is quite accurate. The one problem

is parts. Ive been trying forever tofind a set of grips with

no luck at all. Any ideas ?? Thanx for any help .

-------------------ozzie9--------------

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I have no pictures of it here at work, but I have a 24/7 Pro LS/DS that I am extremely pleased with. I had one FTF on the thrird round out of the box, but I acredit that to it being new and perhaps grip issues. 500+ rounds since then not even a hiccup.

On that note, those of you with the OSS version, can you tell me what exactly the difference between the LD/DS & the OSS is? I haven't really been able to see other than the ambidextrious controls (IIRC), that there is much of one. Does it have a different barrel in it?

I am looking for something a little more compact to carry on a daily basis and am leaning strongly toward a PT709 Slim. Going to be looking for one in June at the 1500.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Had my 738 TCP at the range today. This gun just passed its 200 round count. Pulled the slide back and the round wouldn't chamber. Decided to see if having only one round in the magazine would make a difference, it did. Then tried up to 3 rounds and it chambered OK. Switched ammo to Winchester, and same problem wouldn't chamber with a full agazine. Aside from that, my trigger finger just doesn't fit this gun. Decided to sell it.

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    I have a PT709 Slim I had some troubles with it ejecting, caseings were getting jammed. Sent it back and they replaced pretty much everything. I was pleased with thier customer service and haven't had a problem since.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I see Taurus as a company that is on the rise; they're starting to get a lot better with their customer service and quality control. With the state of things as they are now, (especially in this economy,) I would not have a problem picking up another Taurus or two for self defense, (or any other purpose,) and I know that I have personally recommended them to several people who are on budgets like myself.

I love my Glocks, but Taurus definitely fills a niche for me.

Top Bottom