• ...and so much more!
  • dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wow.

I'm waitin' for my KelTec PF9 to come in... in the meantime, I'm likin' the micro compact line of handguns.

My efforts to carry the G26 comfortably just haven't worked out. My opinion has shifted toward the perspective that to carry a decent piece is better than NOT carrying a proven concealed carry option.

Think I'd like to go ahead & carry in my front pants pocket, too, rather than any other way. Time & experience will tell.

Stopped by KS&E to get a second look at the Kel Tec P3AT & noticed the Taurus 738 TCP... it's one FINE lookin' weapon!

I've read some reviews off the net, but am curious if any of you would have some info to share...

47400858@N02

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i do not have any personal experience with the taurus tcp, but i have a keltec and i am very happy with it. +1 for the keltec from me

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Taurus did it right.

I have both, did a short report here a while back. I carried my P3AT all the time and loved it ..... until the TCP. The P3AT is a great little gun but a bit hard on the wrist when shooting a lot of rounds. The TCP is accurate, has a reasonable trigger pull and very comfortable to shoot. I put over 200 rounds through it with only one problem when shooting Corbon PD ammo. Hornady Critical Defense was no problem at all. It would best be described as a cross between a Glock and a Kel-tec. I like the fact that it comes with two mags and the "man purse" makes for easy concealed carry. The slide lock is another perk over the P3AT. I've read about some magazine problems but the two I received functioned just fine.:twocents:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The one thing that I like better about the Kel-Tec P3AT is the extension for the clip. I like having all fingers more or less on the grip. I've got several hundred rounds though mine and never a problem.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It is the Taurus 709 Silm. Also a great little pocket pistol.

The 709 is my personal choice. My wife carries the LCP. Definitely would suggest that you find one to play with in advance to see what you like (as always) 709 is the big side of a pocket gun. The 380's mentioned above are the small side of a pocket gun, and VERY easily carried.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    dan, i hope you don't think i'm threadjacking as it seems we're in a similar boat... here is my list of prospective g27 replacements. i need to get info on them / see & hold them:

- Ruger LCP
    - Taurus TCP
    - Keltec P3AT

9mm
    - Keltec PF-9
    - Keltec PF-11
    - Taurus 709 Slim
    - Taurus PT-111 Pro

It seems the 709 Slim and PT-111 Pro are the only ones that are in a higher price range. The rest fall in the low to mid $200s.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I carry a Glock 26 or the Kel-Tec P3AT in hot weather. Nalees, isn't the PT111 about the same size as the Glock 27.
    I've been looking at the two Kel-Tec 9's for something in the middle, the Taurus 709 just doesn't feel right in my hand. Also, my P3AT has work great.

Thanks Dan

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Wow.

I'm waitin' for my KelTec PF9 to come in... in the meantime, I'm really likin' the really compact line of handguns.

My efforts to carry the G26 comfortably just haven't worked out. My opinion has shifted toward the perspective that to carry a decent piece is better than NOT carrying a proven concealed carry option.

Think I'd like to go ahead & carry in my front pants pocket, too, rather than any other way. Time & experience will tell.

Stopped by KS&E to get a second look at the Kel Tec P3AT & noticed the Taurus 738 TCP... it's one FINE lookin' weapon!

I've read some reviews off the net, but am curious if any of you would have some info to share...

47400858@N02

Do you remember the price at KS&E for the P3AT?

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I really like and trust my 3PAT. I carry often when it isn't practical to carry my Kimber or 9C. I have owned two Taurus Semi's - one is great and one was unacceptable. I would let the smoke clear on the new Taurus - P3AT has had the bugs (No punn intended) worked out.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Love my P3AT.
    Spend the extra time and money to find a hard chrome one though. IMHO

I had a Kel Tec P-11 and I didn't like the trigger.
    Long and hard. Like... 9 lbs trigger pull for almost 3/4".
    Not exaggerating.

GlockMan40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    What ever you do stay away from DiamondBack DB380. A very close buddy of mine got one and took it to the range after about 50 rounds just stop working, pull trigger and nothing. Sent it back to DiamondBack they fixed it. They replaced everything but the barrel and lower. Went back to the range and after another 60 rounds again nothing, pull trigger and silence. Its a nice looking gun and shot very nice when it worked but nice looking is not going to save your *** in a bad situation were your life is at stake. After i saw that i went with the Taurus TCP. Very happy with it. 400 rounds and only one problem. Does not PMC Bronze ammo. Feeds everything else including hollow points. Clips have no issue on mine and slide open after last round is a big plus. You dont have to guess if you have a round left or not and leaves your firearm ready to receive another clip quickly. Very accurate for such a small gun.

gmiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I have the Ruger LCP, and added some nitesites to it. It's quite painful to put a lot of rounds through. The trigger pull is so long that once you've pulled it all the way back the curve of the trigger doesn't hold your finger on anymore. And then the recoil causes the trigger guard to pop up and hit your finger. A Band-Aid helps, and this wouldn't be an issue when you actually have to use it, but does make it undesirable to practice with. Overall I'm very happy with it, but I can't say how it compares to similar guns.

Top Bottom