• ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Taurus 709 vs KelTec Pf9

I'd like your opinions especially of you have shot or have owned both.

1. Which do you prefer and why?

2. Would you trust your life to either one or both?

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Both are great guns.

I own both, I carry the 709 due to the "slim" feature. The KelTec has a better trigger in my opinion but once you are familiar with the Taurus long hard pull it is a great little gun. i would trust my life to either one, have had no problems with either pistol.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I do not own a PF-9, but it is what I started out to buy. I've handled a number of them, but not fired any. My local gun shop had just gotten a PT-709 when I went to take another look at the PF-9. Once I handled 709, I quit looking at the PF-9. It just felt better in my hand than the PF-9, and was more comfortable. I like the manual safety, and I like the 'second strike' trigger that the PF-9 doesn't have.

I have put over a thousand rounds of many, many types of FMJ and JHP through my 709 without significant issues. I trust it as well as I trust any of my handguns, and it is my daily carry. Accurate, manageable recoil, and reliable. You can't ask for much more than that. It does demand to be kept squeaky clean, but this isn't an issue for me as I clean after every range trip anyway.

Bottom line, I don't think there's anything wrong with the PF-9. I just prefer my 709.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i agree, it is just personal prefference. both are nice guns and i would trust my life to either of them. for me personally i like the feel of the taurus 709 better in my hand, but i do still like the keltec.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the 709, I liked the manual safety and the grip is great. I tried the kel tec but didnt care for it. +1 on keeping it clean and oiled though, it does not like dirt.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't own either but I have shot the PF-9 and hated it, it felt like a toy. I then shot the 709 and liked a little better. They both have long, rough trigger pulls but, with practice I'm sure you could get use to either of them. The 709 wins in my opinion it just felt a little better in my hands.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I think the price on the PF-9 I had on order last year was $260 (SS version). My 709 was $385 (SS version).

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Going Price of 709 Slim

I have been watching the 709 for a couple months. It sold for about $360 when it first came out, but it gradually increased. Recently, Gander Mountain Fort Wayne has been offering it for $440. I got a used one, maybe 500 rounds, for $300.:twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom