• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Since the initial shipments where there seem to be one of these at each dealer. Has anyone seen anymore of these around?

As of two weeks ago, Bradis had several (3-4) examples in stock.

Just in handling it and showing it to customers, I was fairly unimpressed. The grip almost feels too slender (even in comparison to the PF9), the trigger pull is very long and suffers from the same spongy feel as the Millennium and 24/7 series, and like the Walther PPS, Kahr P9/CW9, and Kel-Tec PF9 before it, the PT-709 is just too darn big for pocket carry, IMO. But then, I think a J-Frame is too, but a lot of folks seem to pocket those just fine, so YMMV.

I'm interested to see how their PT-738 .380 stacks up, if/when it finally hits the market.

Last edited:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Would any of you say this would be small enough for possible pocket carry? I've been thinking about getting a PF9 for a backup/deep conceal gun. Would this fit the role pretty well? I'm wanting something I could possibly pocket carry, but in a full power caliber.

Slightly bigger than the PF-9, and a little heavier - about 4-5 ounces - I can carry it in the front pocket of my loose jeans. Thickness is only 0.02 inches more, but it is longer and taller. I have 200 rounds through mine of several types of FMJ and JHP 9mm with minimal issues. Felt recoil is reasonable, it is easy to shoot accurately. Manual safety and a glock-type trigger safety. 7+1.

vws8w7.jpg

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    I bought one last week at PSS. It is the stainless one and I love it! I have a little over 100 rounds through it with no problems. It is soft shooting and very easy to carry. I pocket carry it sometimes and I have a Kholster on the way. I really like the size of it. Not too big, not too small.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i put a ton of rounds thru mine last week. i wasnt really trying to hit anything,more trying to get it to jam. hasnt happened yet. very happy with mine.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I got one on a trade.

I love the way it feels, it fits great in my pocket in a wallet style pocket holster I already had, I think the trigger feels great myself. But, I didn't get a chance to put any rounds downrange with it so I can' tspeak to the function of the gun. Seems like with every taurus there's a love it/hate it thing going on. Most owners love it, most non-owners hate it. I DO wish it had a decocker instead of the manual safety though.

If I were in a better financial state I would have kept it, but as things go right now I had to sell it. I think I will forever regret it because I won't be able to replace it for what it's sold for.

I think it's a great gun. There was a lot more interest in it when it was still unreleased. Now that it's out they don't seem to be as huge as people predicted. I feel they might be priced $50-100 over where they should be (~$300ish) all the ones I've seen have been 380-450.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    I plan on picking one up as soon as I can sell my Glock 19. The 709 has pretty much all the features I want in a CCW. Light, thin, external thumb saftey and adjustable sights. I actually handled one this morning and wanted to walk out of the shop with it SOOOOOOO bad but can't convince the wife to let me until i get read of the glock haha.

graham88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    Southern IN
    I got mine last week, replaced my Pt111.
    Although I have not had the chance to shoot it yet…. But love the feel and look!!
    I have heard a few down Taurus… But I have never had any reason to complain about anything, finish and fit seem good and I hope this one is just as reliable as the rest!!

Top Bottom