• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    What do you think? any reviews? I have put about 75-100 rounds through it and havent had any issues. I have heard that sometimes with revolvers the hammer will drop but if the cylinder doesnt turn all the way it will not fire that round. anyone else have experience wth that?
    picture.php

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I like it, but then again, I'm a Taurus revolver fan. That one looks alot like my 23 year old model, (except for the grips). I've never had any issues with mine and it's still fully functional and accurate. As far as I'm concerned the Taurus revolvers are right up there with the others on the market. Have fun with it and run as many rounds through it as you like. It'll still be fine 20 years down the road.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I had one, but it was made from titanium. It was a nice gun, but the DA trigger pull wasn't great. The problem with the cylinder failing to turn crops up once in a while on forums, but it never happened to me. I sold it (for a really low price) to buy a Glock but I kind of miss it.

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    I like it, and if I had more money I would keep it, but I put it for sale/trade cuz I really wnat a .44 mag rifle for deer season.. anyways.. it has been good to me for the little time i have owned it. I like the weights, and my cousin has a matching on so its fun to go to the range and double hand matching 357s :)

melloshmello

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    i have two taurus 605 stubbys that work absolutely flawlessly. no issues with the cylinder turning, hammer striking, or being able to hide them on my person.

i heart 605s.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I like the taurus revolvers too. I really think they make a great revolver just about on par with any other company. I have a model 608 with 6.5" barrel and love it. Its my deer sidearm.

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I think taurus is a good gun. i own or have owned about 15 taurus revolvers/semi-autos and i have not had any problems with any of them. the 357's are realy nice shooters.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    i've owned a couple of taurus revolvers, and my humble opinion is, especially for the money, they make a very good clone of S&W revolvers. the cylinder may not be quite as tight, and a good gunsmith may be able to point out some fine internal differences. you'll always have your brand-snobs, which i may be when it comes to semi-autos, but for wheel guns, i'll trust a clone like a taurus.

again, this is just opinion, and everybody has one

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am still on the fence for trading or selling.. If the right deal comes along then yeah I ill, but I like to shoot it... I hate to get rid of any firearm, but when it comes to getting a new one I kind of have to right now.

Anyways...thanks for all the tips!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Taurus revolvers huh?
    O.K., here goes:
    model 5306 6-shot .327 fed mag
    model 605 total titanium 5-shot .357 mag
    model 607 7-shot .357 mag
    "Raging Bull" .454 cassul/.45colt
    The "Judge" .45colt/.410ga
    The .327 fed mag being the newest (about 6 mos.), and the model 607 being the oldest ( about 15 years), NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THEM!:rockwoot::yesway:
    I also have a few Taurus semi's, but that's another thread!

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a Taurus revolver...an ultralite 38 special, and my brother has a .357 version of the same revolver. We love them, have shot many rounds through them with ZERO issues.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i have the rossi .357 snub. Used l & b ammo at the range a at least half the box failed to shoot with "light" promer strikes. Def was the ammo....never ever had any probs from anything else

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I would keep that if i were you ...save the money up for the .44mag

I have a couple taurus revolvers LOVE them .

I have the 6 1/2 inch judge stainless 2 1/2 inch chamber
    Also have the 3inch judge on lay away it' 3inch barrel 3 inch magnum chamber 2 tone ....can't wait to get it out ..

:rockwoot::ingo:

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have the cylinder problem, but in a Taurus 22 magnum. Sometimes the cylinder groove does not line up right after i reload and I always make sure by hand that the cylinder is locked into place. Then, after I shoot it and it gets gunked-up, the distance between the cartridges in the cylinder and the rest of the gun (having brain fart) becomes very small and there an occasional moment where a cartridge is rubbing itself against the gun preventing the cylinder to turn. The design of this mechanism is apparently common to quite a few Taurus handguns.

However, I have not found it to be a generally fatal problem as long as I do a manual cylinder alignment after each reload, and I give the empty cylinder a little wipe after each box of ammo.

The materials the gun consists of seem to be high quality. There is absolutely no wear on the gun after several thousands of rounds. Your 357 obviously is much more stressed than my 22 mag.

Top Bottom