• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Search functions is a wonderful thing or you can go to Google and search this site. Enter the following in the search field: Taurus 24 7 site:ingunowners.com

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I don't have any experience with the 45 in this line, but I have shot a friend's 24/7 in .40. In my opinion, it shot well with good accuracy and functioned flawlessly for me and for the owner to date as well. It had a nice feel in my mand (kinda large) and very mild recoil. I have limited experience but hope this helps.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I'm starting to become a little interested in the Taurus 24/7 model in the .45 I don't know anyone with one of these and I was wondering if anyone on here has one and could give me their review??

Thanks in advance.

I hope this helps. I personally carry a milpro .45, Short barrell. I lke this gun has a nice feel. But I recently pick up a 24/7 .40, 4" barrel. Same feel has my milpro and shoot very nice. The 24/7 I feel is a better gun. My mother n law carries a 24/7. I have shot it before I got my and had a chance to compare the two. The main thing I notice was 24/7 has a decock safety on where the milpro doesn't. Also I trouble with my milpro mags. It tarus 6 months to get me mags for it. This I don't know is where tarus stands on there warr. Back log of mags and if the 24/7 has the same mag or even it they had a problem. I would think gun share the same mag. Talking about .45 cal.
    Just my two pennies!!!!

andreb89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    fort wayne
    imo i owned a 24/7 .40 b4 getting my glock i put aprox 1000 rounds through it and unknown b4 me i never had a jam miss feed or any other problems with it i took good care of it and cleaned it all the time the i loved the factory grips my only 2 complaints were the locking pin for the slide was some times a pain to get back in place and it wasnt super accurate compaired to my friends ruger sr9 and my glock 22 however i would own another 24/7 tomorrow if i got a deal on it just my thoughts

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have a mil pro .40 and it is a good gun. No problems with it at all. I realize you asked about the 24/7 models but the mil pro are very similar.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have one in .45 that I love, but if I had it to do over again, I probably would've gone with the .40. Ammo is cheaper, more abundant, and you can fit more in the gun. Either way you won't be disappointed though.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    i have the millenium pro .45, (pt145) and it is my daily carry piece. it is a little smaller than the 24/7, and it holds 10+1. For a .45 in this size that is great. Oh yea and i've never had a hiccup in this pistol even with hollow points since day one. 2000 rounds and counting...

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I own the PT140 and the 24/7 both in 40. My 24/7 is a 15 +1 capacity whereas the PT140 is a 10+1. They both have been very reliable. I shoot various types/brands of ammo and have not experienced any feed issues with either firearm. I have found them to be as accurate as the shooter using them.;)

I use the 24/7 in O/C and the PT140 as C/C. I enjoy shooting the 24/7 better than the PT140 but that is due to felt/perceived recoil.:twocents:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope this helps. I personally carry a milpro .45, Short barrell. I lke this gun has a nice feel. But I recently pick up a 24/7 .40, 4" barrel. Same feel has my milpro and shoot very nice. The 24/7 I feel is a better gun. My mother n law carries a 24/7. I have shot it before I got my and had a chance to compare the two. The main thing I notice was 24/7 has a decock safety on where the milpro doesn't. Also I trouble with my milpro mags. It tarus 6 months to get me mags for it. This I don't know is where tarus stands on there warr. Back log of mags and if the 24/7 has the same mag or even it they had a problem. I would think gun share the same mag. Talking about .45 cal.
    Just my two pennies!!!!

My 1st handgun I owned was a Millenium Pro .45 with the 3" barrel. It looked exactly like your avitar pic. I ended up selling it to pay for my G19 because I didn't shoot it that much. Shortly after I bought it I had to send it to Taurus to have it fixed. It was a good gun, but I was more accurate with the Glock. I like Taurus guns, I have the PT99AF and love it!

The 24/7 I'm interested in is the full size or "long slide" as they call it. The 5.2" barrel. I'm thinking the .40 S&W because that ammo seems to be available everywhere where I live.

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I have a 24/7 pro in .40. When I bought it I was looking for a metal frame, but it just felt good. I'm glad I got it! Shoots great!
    It's my favorite

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a 9mm 24/7 long slide, it's one of the earier models with the "ribber" grip. It's been a fine pistol with zero malfunctions. I've put 2500+ rounds through it. 16+1 capacity, but mags are hard to find locally.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I have owned 2 24/7 9mm for the past 5 years. I have one of the original long slide models with the same "ribber" grip and that thing has been super reliable. I have put at least 2000 rounds down range and can only remember one round that didn't fire (was shooting some cheap rounds that were given to me. Was more of an issue of the ammo than the firearm). I went out and bought the compact 24/7 9mm about 2 years ago and love the fact it is a bit more concealable if I want to CC. I've never had any problems with the compact other than with some talon rounds seem to not cycle by hand correctly. It cycles fine when shooting it, but manually cycling it requires a bit of a nudge on the back of the slide to chamber the round. I've tried all kinds of ammo and it only seems to happen with my Winchester RA9T's.

My father bought the 5.2 from me a couple months ago and I miss it already. I found a perfect locking paddle holster that holds my 24/7 that is branded by Taurus, but I think was made by Israeli Defense if I remember correctly. I usually OC and keep it in said paddle.

People usually try to trash Taurus and say they are crap...I've never had a problem and I recommend it because I've never had an issue with the two I've had. Carry what you feel comfortable with.

Orlando

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Tipton
    I have a .40 ProC. I shot it for the first time today. I love it. The ribber grips are the best of any handgun I have had the pleasure of handling. It shot about an inch low and to the right. Nothing a sight adjustment can't take care of.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Dont waste your money. I had a 9mm and a 40cal and couldnt hit anything with either one.

Look - I'm not trying to start anything here but I am truly tired of folks trashing Taurus when I know them to work very well. They're not a high dollar gun but they work very well for me and many other folks I know. I just shot my Taurus PT 140 pro yesterday and it was very consistent. I was able to group my shots quite well at approximately 25 feet.

The PT 140 is one of several Taurus weapons I own and they all work quite well.

Top Bottom