• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased a new taurus 24/7 9mm a few months ago and loved the size of the gun. It is great for CC, however I don't know if its just me or does anyone else think they wasted their money once they have shot them? I just dislike the mile long trigger pull and I have had a jam about every 150-200 rounds. Given I did buy the firearm for 50% off at a store in MI so they are cheap with a lifetime warranty. What do you think?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If your gun is jamming every few hundred rounds, you might want to rethink carrying it. Send it into Taurus for service. It has a lifetime for a reason.

I have a PT111 Millennium Pro (2nd Gen) and have shot about 500 rounds through it since I bought it used a couple months ago, and I have not had a single issue with it. It is double action only, so the trigger pull isnt the greatest, but its not abhorrent.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Do you clean it after you experience the issues or is it 4 boxes of ammo then jam followed by a couple hundred more rounds then jam again? It could just be that it prefers to run very clean.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have shot them

Not so fond of the trigger as it seemed a bit loose up front and long in the back.

As for reliability, the one I shot seemed reliable, but I have heard tales of them not being the MOST reliable guns on the market.

Vanguard.45

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    my buddy has the 45 24/7 and i just can't stand how long the pull is, it's almost like once you stage it you have to reposition your finger to accurately fire the weapon...plus it's waaaay to skinny for my hands...decently reliable tho..

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My personal experience with Taurus firearms has been very positive. One of my friends carries a 24/7 in 9mm everyday and I have fired it several times. He has over 2 or 3 thousand rounds through it with no problems. I have another friend who carries the pt111 everyday and we have not had any issues with it either. I dont own a semi-auto Taurus, but I have a m85 that I have had for years and I love it. Sorry to hear you are having problems with yours. I have heard of people having problems with Taurus, I have just never had a bad experience myself.
    If you are not happy with it and do not trust it to defend yourself then I would say sell it and get something you are happy with. If you are going to carry it everyday you have to trust it. Good luck with your decision.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I have been looking at one of these. Quite a few around me for a decent price. I picked up a Taurus PT1911 then other day and love it so far. Ive been looking at one of these for a smaller caliber.

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    I recently purchased a Taurus 709 slim with stainless slide because I wanted a compact 9 mm with a external manual safety.

I like the finish of the gun and it's size. But, being a 1911 style guy, I cannot stand the long trigger pull.

I have fired less than 50 rounds thru the gun and have not touched it since. I plan to sell it.

Top Bottom