• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have 2 Taurus Pt 1911s, a blue one and a stainless. I have had excellent luck with both. They both feed and function with no problems. I also think they are a great deal for the money.

Dave

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have one in 9mm I use for Steel Challenge, no issues to report after 500 rounds.

Brag on your gun and it will develop issues. I had many, many light strikes today while shooting bowling pins.. Quick search on the internet and this seem to be common. Looks like I may need to replace the pin or the spring.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Afer reading this thread was surfing the net and liking what I was seeing there was a couple at the Bedford show in used condition and at new prices mind you LOL.But feel good in hand,Maybe after I get my Santa shopping done a gift for myself?

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got a PT-1911 and three of my brothers also have them. All have been trouble free from day one. Not top shelf, but it doesn't cost like top shelf either.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    A friend recently bought a blue one, no rail, we put 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. The trigger on his was perfect no slack, movement or take up.

Can beat them for the money

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I gotta say, the Ruger SR1911 is a MUCH nicer 1911 for a very comparable or less price.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    I bought a used Taurus 1911 in 9mm last year because I found it for a great price. Reliability has been good with FMJ loads but the gun shoots about 6" low at 15 yds. Accuracy also left a lot to be desired. I have since installed a match bushing which tightened up the front of the barrel which improved the accuracy but the fit of the rear of the barrel is still pretty sloppy.

Bottom line, I'm not disapointed for the price I paid ($350) but I wouldn't want to pay anymore for one.

:twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom