• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    like the title says, took him shooting for his first time today, he is 9, it is also my first time teaching someone the rules and all that good stuff, what a great day:rockwoot:
    100_0338__wince_.jpg

100_0340__wince_.jpg

100_0342__wince_.jpg

100_0344__wince_.jpg

:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Did you impress upon him thee golden rules of firearm safety.????
    1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
    2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
    3. Check the chamber every time know whether you're hot or not

Number 1 will always keep you out of trouble, practice all 3 and you'll have a long happy shooting career. Have Fun:..Duce<><

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville

Number 1 will always keep you out of trouble, practice all 3 and you'll have a long happy shooting career. Have Fun:..Duce<><
    he broke the first rule in the first picture, that riffle isn't pointed downrange like it is aposed to be:D

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010

yes but you left out always know what is beyond your target!!
    he knew them and was able to tell them back to me by the time our drive was over, I dont get to spend much time with him so today is something we will definitely both always remember.

DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    I too have had the joyful experience of teaching a nephew. It is fun to see their faces when they make a good shot. More people need to spend time teaching young people the proper (and safe) way to handle and enjoy firearms.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    This is by no means a criticism so please don't take it the wrong way, but you might want to help him change his stance before he develops bad habits. Leaning back like that is not very good for balance or control.
    100_0344__wince_.jpg

It should look more like this:

s-stand2hand.jpg

Of course its early in his training and you can't do everything on the first day. And again, not trying to give you a hard time, we are supposed to be here to help right? Have fun and keep it up! :yesway::ingo:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Of course its early in his training and you can't do everything on the first day. And again, not trying to give you a hard time, we are supposed to be here to help right? Have fun and keep it up! :yesway::ingo:

very hard to do it all in the 4 hours that we had, and the gun was heavy for him, the next time out we will work on technique but today was safety, comfort and familiarity, hell before today he was never even able to shoot a bb gun so it was a big step and nerve wrecking for me!! thanks for the input though as I too was victim to the early bad habits of shooting that still sometimes haunt me in my grip and stance.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    NIce, I would rep you but gave out too much today.

Gotcha covered! :yesway: :ingo:

I try to make it a point to take my niece and nephew shooting when I am "back home again in Indiana" (sing along! ;-) to visit. They can never get enough of it! :rockwoot::ar15:

The youngster is following THE most important rule, in that his booger hook is not on the bang switch when not on target, so I don't see the need for the hall monitor-ism...:rolleyes:
    You have made a memory both for and *with* your nephew that will last him (and you too, no doubt) the rest of his life, so rock on!! :rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom