Tasers vs. Firearms... Will the state dictate your defensive methods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here's my :twocents:

I've seen the cop taser video's. Yea it takes the guy down for a few seconds maybe a minute or two but he'll sure as heck get back up and he'll even be more ticked off. So if I have a guy break in my home. I'll taser him......then what. Keep hitting him with voltage until the police show up or the battery dies in my taser......I don't think so. When he goes down I want him to stay down.
    Oh don't worry though I'll give a warning. From the time I pull my gun to the second I get my sights lined up on him. If he hasn't started hauling tale then sorry bout ya.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    A taser does not protect, it is more a liability. As indicated above, the shock only lasts for a couple minutes, if it works on the individual at all. Then your lying there waiting for the LEO's to bring your body bag.

If someone comes in my house, looks down the barrel of my .45, and doesn't run like hell, they are gonna be there when the cops bring their body bag.
    :draw:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok and these are all great points. But the point of the thread is will the state start dictating your use of deadly force? The SCOTUS Ruling on the Second amentment is very broad. It leaves regulation up to the state and local government. Which means while the Feds have no right to take your guns (barring a barrable offense), the local government can still make owning a gun in their district illegal. They can still say you must try to subdue the intruder of your home with non-lethal force before you use lethal force. They can repeal the Castle Doctrine altogther. So what can we do, besides writing our Reps who don't care anyway, to stop this?

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Savage Eagle

That is the legal recourse we have, to press the Reps, and make them care. Non-lethal force is fine, if it can be used effectively, but it would totally depend on the situation in which one found themselves. Right now, we in Indiana have what we have, and we do need to fight any bill that would change it.

Top Bottom