• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I like my DJI mini ii because you can view from the air and do multiple targets without moving. You can land by your target, shoot, and then take off and check it. One battery will last all day. Two kilometer wireless transmission to your control screen. You can remotely start and stop recording.

The only drawback is I’ve shot targets at the edge of a field on the woods line where I couldn’t confidently use the drone to spot shots because it was too risky with the trees and vegetation. It’s just too hard to tell how close the drone is to trees around the target.

Even with that said, I prefer the drone. So versatile and easy. The mini ii cost $299 refurbished with three batteries and a kit. Newer more expensive modes have sensors for obstacle avoidance. That would be nice, but it’s not necessary.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I do not have a target cam, unless I was shooting smallbore (that's rimfire) I feel a target cam is kinda old & dieing technology.
    Buy a silver mountain electric target https://silvermountaintargetsusa.com/ or https://www.silvermountaintargets.com/
    I personally like shotmarker https://autotrickler.com/pages/shotmarker
    My local club uses silver mountain, there nice, but just a little more complicated then a shotmarker
    You wanna shoot a simulated 600 yards at 100? That is the tap of 2 buttons. Change targets, see your velocity at the target, set up for pair firing, no going down range to paste targets.
    My next purchase will be shotmaker.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I ended up purchasing a Longshot Marksman, came in yesterday. I'll get out to the range with this week and give it a try.
    $500 for only 300 yard range. I personally think that's way pricey. Yes an electric target is more like $800 , but way more options & range. I took a electric target and shot 600 & 800 yards with it.

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I ended up purchasing a Longshot Marksman, came in yesterday. I'll get out to the range with this week and give it a try.
    You’re on a whole new level. And here I thought I was fancy with my drone. Do I understand correctly that this actually plots your shots for you? It just slipped my mind that this tech is affordable enough for regular joes. Until today I thought it was just clubs with members that could afford.

Please give us a report.

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    You’re on a whole new level. And here I thought I was fancy with my drone. Do I understand correctly that this actually plots your shots for you? It just slipped my mind that this tech is affordable enough for regular joes. Until today I thought it was just clubs with members that could afford.

Please give us a report.
    Har! Sold my motorcycle so the wife said go for it

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I read your post and see two bad decisions.
    The bad decision was selling my Road King for a TriGlide. The wife was having troubles getting on and off the RK so we decided to try a trike. That turned out not to be the answer as it rode like buckboard, any little bump in the road was felt through the whole bike. The trike didn't absorb road conditions like a two wheeler. So she stopped riding and I didn't find the trike that interesting after that. So we agreed to sell it, and if I still missed riding this time next year then I could look into another bike. I rode Moto Guzzi for 25 years before trying HD, if I decide to get another bike next year it will back to Moto Guzzi. If I haven't spent it all on shooting sports. lol

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The bad decision was selling my Road King for a TriGlide. The wife was having troubles getting on and off the RK so we decided to try a trike. That turned out not to be the answer as it rode like buckboard, any little bump in the road was felt through the whole bike. The trike didn't absorb road conditions like a two wheeler. So she stopped riding and I didn't find the trike that interesting after that. So we agreed to sell it, and if I still missed riding this time next year then I could look into another bike. I rode Moto Guzzi for 25 years before trying HD, if I decide to get another bike next year it will back to Moto Guzzi. If I haven't spent it all on shooting sports. lol
    So actually it was three bad decisions...lol

Ive always said the day I can't kick over a high compression 80ci Shovelhead will be the last day I ride any of my motorcycles. I'll never ride or own a tricycle...

Moto builds fine motorcycles.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    The Marksman can be upgraded easily enough if I need to shoot further than 300 yards.
    Upgrading any target cam is putting lipstick on a pig. Your still a line of sight system. You still can't change target faces from the display, you still can't "clean up the target" drop your display, you must walk and paste the target. Shooting the camera is never going to happen.
    Next thing your gonna tell me is I need to sell '38 flathead and buy a road king cause I don't wanna be unique...

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    Upgrading any target cam is putting lipstick on a pig. Your still a line of sight system. You still can't change target faces from the display, you still can't "clean up the target" drop your display, you must walk and paste the target. Shooting the camera is never going to happen.
    Next thing your gonna tell me is I need to sell '38 flathead and buy a road king cause I don't wanna be unique...
    Apparently you and I will have to agree to disagree on the needs of the individual shooter.

Top Bottom