• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lefty64

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you can find one, Marlin made a model 7000 heavy barrel semi-auto, clip feed. I picked one up last year for $149 at a gun show and it will put 10 CCI SV thru a hole I can cover with a nickel at 50 yards. Weighs 4.5 pounds. I'm putting a boyds stock on it for small bore silhouette. marlin 7000 001.jpg

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    SavageMKII_01.jpg

The Savage FVSR may be a good option.
    -They are relatively inexpensive and readily available
    -The muzzle is threaded and suppressor ready
    -The stock trigger is excellent and fully adjustable
    -The magazines are relatively inexpensive and readily available
    -They are very accurate with a wide variety of ammunition (but especially accurate with wolf match and CCI standard velocity)

I'll give this a big +1. Boyd's also offers stocks for them.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I've currently got a Savage FVSR and it's my second one. The first one I had perfectly setup and my dear sweet wife made some credit card mistakes so I sold it to make a dent in them. It was an accurate gun out to 300 yards using wolf match and even plinking accurate with federal bulk 36gr. The one I currently own is basically identical to the first one. I replaced it because I missed the first one so much. Same results as far as accuracy goes, and function. I use my current FVSR as a long range trainer. It takes a lot to hit a target at 300 yards with a 22lr, and I enjoy the challenge with the benefit of cheaper ammo, less noise and lighter recoil.

I'm not saying the FVSR is the worlds greatest gun, but if you're looking for a bolt action threaded heavy barrel 22lr that's accurate you're not going to regret your decision. If you're looking for a target 22lr, this gun will keep up with just about anything out there.

Is that a 'factory' stock on your FVSR or a Boyd? Which model if i may ask?

Thanks...

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    I have an old mossberg / new haven 250CA with decent glass and it's great for the age. I play with the old m60 as well. 250ca is much more accurate.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    SavageMKII_01.jpg

The Savage FVSR may be a good option.
    -They are relatively inexpensive and readily available
    -The muzzle is threaded and suppressor ready
    -The stock trigger is excellent and fully adjustable
    -The magazines are relatively inexpensive and readily available
    -They are very accurate with a wide variety of ammunition (but especially accurate with wolf match and CCI standard velocity)

One of these would get my vote. I currently have one myself an for a factory rifle its crazy accurate an the features u get from the factory are an added bonus.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If you like the wood look, the CZ 455 is a very good and flexible option. I too, am a fan of the old Mossbergs. They are starting to climb a bit in price because people are realizing that the quality of the older guns is harder and harder to find, but occasionally they can be had for a song if a fellow gets lucky. Rimfire Central is a great resource for anyone looking at rimfire rifles. The trading post there can lead to some good deals as well.

Top Bottom