• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Give it up already and go apologize to your neighbor.

You've really gotten your answer here to your question. The statute says an "unreasonable disturbance." Most everyone is saying that IF their windows rattled from distant explosions repeatedly, they would find that to be an unreasonable disturbance. If only one person objected and everybody else was ok, then that one objector would be unreasonable. It's really about what he community finds to be acceptable and it appears most find your situation to be an unacceptable interruption. And for what its worth, if my window were shaking every few minutes from a distant explosion, I'd call that unreasonable and probably call as well.

Your best suggestion was to invite the neighbor to participate and apologize. It can't hurt to find out more about what was going on. Good luck!

Back the truck up a bit on this one. What makes you think the Trooper really came out there because of a neighbor complaint. A guy blowing up to 1/2 pound of tannerite over and over and over is going to get some serious LEO attention.

Its completely legal for you to do but unless you have a LEO with you while you do it you will likely be viewed by responding LEOs as some type of risk.

The neighbor call may be nothing more than pretext for the stop and check you out visit.

The original post was made on my behalf. This is a serious issue and serious answers and suggestions are what's needed here. I cannot just "go and apologize to my neighbor" because he is a Trooper. He came by once before off duty on a so-called social visit because HE received calls directly from a couple neighbors about just shooting guns. I'm guessing the "neighbors" are friends and neighbors of his. Why call this Trooper and not the County Sheriff department who should have jurisdiction? Influence and intimidation. That's the only logical reason I could come up with. More importantly, this Trooper has said said publicly that he was "going to get me" previously just for shooting on my land! This Trooper is known for using tactics that border on harassment.... even by his peers. Before I purchased this house I made a visit to any neighbor within 1/4 mile; introduced myself and informed them that I shoot and Tannerite is used from time to time. Not one neighbor I met had an issue with it nor do they now. Several neighbors shoot weekly. I shoot every month or so. I'm the only one that gets a visit regardless if tannerite is used. What does that tell you.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    So, 5 pages later we kinda maybe begin to start to get the WHOLE story?
    You seriously went around and told people you wanted to shoot and blow stuff up if you bought the place? You're surprised they didn't pick a fight with you right then??? Jeezus. Some guy I don't know knocks on my door says he likes to shoot and blow up tannerite..."Would I mind?" heck YES I mind- but I'll tell you anything to get you off my porch. Just leave!
    First the neighbor, or the trooper, or is the trooper that talked to you the same as the trooper that lives a mile away, or is that the trooper that's "out to get you"??? You're in the boonies but got neighbors(plural) a 1/4 mi away? It wasn't you that's posting this but now it IS you that's posting this....
    From what I've seen from you here, I don't think you got any business with tannerite, guns, or a keyboard.

LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    So, 5 pages later we kinda maybe begin to start to get the WHOLE story?
    You seriously went around and told people you wanted to shoot and blow stuff up if you bought the place? You're surprised they didn't pick a fight with you right then??? Jeezus. Some guy I don't know knocks on my door says he likes to shoot and blow up tannerite..."Would I mind?" heck YES I mind- but I'll tell you anything to get you off my porch. Just leave!
    First the neighbor, or the trooper, or is the trooper that talked to you the same as the trooper that lives a mile away, or is that the trooper that's "out to get you"??? You're in the boonies but got neighbors(plural) a 1/4 mi away? It wasn't you that's posting this but now it IS you that's posting this....
    From what I've seen from you here, I don't think you got any business with tannerite, guns, or a keyboard.

Mr. Strato, One thing you are not considering is that the topic of guns came out well after a lengthy conversation with said neighbors. After a rapport was established. And those neighbors; who are all related, are now my friends. We visit often. Yes, I told them I was going to do some shooting. I never told them I was going to "blow stuff up". I did tell them that I was going to use reactive targets and explained what that meant. Please, don't jump to conclusions with argumentative statements when you don't know the circumstances. As for my previous time here; again don't make argumentative statements when you don't know the facts. Amends were made and everyone shook hands so to speak. We moved on. So should you.

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Ok, I have a better understanding of the situation now.
    You talked to the neighbors and you are still on good terms.
    Does this include the Trooper?
    Also are you shooting into a good backstop? If you are I don't see how shooting there could be a problem.
    If you don't have a good backstop then it is a problem.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    See, the longer you talk the more we hear...but it's all so confusing.
    "And those neighbors; who are all related, are now my friends"
    I bet they are!
    I'm going to celebrate tonite, knowing all is well!

Top Bottom