• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I recently picked up a brand new gen 4 glock 19 (haven't even shot it yet). Gun feels really comfortable in my hands. I am new to glocks (first glock I have ever owned). I just want to hear peoples opinions on the talon grips or any other grip available for a glock 19. I know talon has a granulate and a rubber version available. What do you prefer and why? This gun will be my daily carry gun if that changes anything on which grip to go with.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Putting Talon grips on a gen 4 is something I wouldn't do since you the frame already has a very decent texture, I have done it on a gen 3 with great results since my hands get very sweaty but with the gen 4 for me is not necessary.

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Iv'e owned the glock 19 since the second year they were imported and love it. I have not gotten different grips for it as it has never been a problem for me firing it. If you are looking for a nice holster, look up crye precision. Their gun clip is nice. If you do get the different grip post on how you like it. Enjoy!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Putting Talon grips on a gen 4 is something I wouldn't do since you the frame already has a very decent texture, I have done it on a gen 3 with great results since my hands get very sweaty but with the gen 4 for me is not necessary.

This. I have Talon rubber on my G19 Gen3 and Talon granulate on my G26 Gen3. I left them off my RTF2 Glocks, similar to your Gen4, because the grip texture is aggressive enough not to need them.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Can't speak for the G19 or for Gen 4 stock grip texture, but I have the Talon rubberized grip on my M&P Shield and I really like it. If you don't want to pay money to stipple it or take the time to do it yourself, it's a great option. It gives me a much more secure grip. They will probably eventually peel, but at that point I will probably stipple. But for now I like it. I would recommend rubberized over granulate for carrying because I've heard the granulate texture wears shirts out and irritates skin.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    All my gen 3's received talon grips. Gen 4's no talons, because i didn't find it necessary. But, if you're going to carry your 19 IWB and find the rough texture rubbing your skin raw, then I think putting the rubber texture grips on would be a good idea. It's all personal preference. Congrats on your new purchase btw!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    i've gottem on my Glocks that I carry (G30,26 the granular grips) they are really nice and will def. improve ur grip. THEY WILL WEAR HOLES IN UR UNDER SHIRTS IF YOU WEAR ONE!!

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Personally I really like the talon rubber grips better for my edc. I do like the sandpaper type talons but not for edc. The rubber grips are comfortable against the skin yet they still give you a really good grip on the gun.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have the rubber version on my Gen 3 19, an I like them a lot. I've never been a fan of skateboard tape, or the granulate texture, just because it seemed to snag more. I don't like having my shirt ride up and then refuse to slide back down...

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Check out Brooks Tactical Systems AGrip. I have it on my Gen 3 G34. It's awesome for sweaty hands. Don't need anything on my Gen 4 G17 due to the aggressive texture though.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I run talon's on my duty gun. While I agree the Gen4 grips are better than the previous ones I still think they're pretty slick. I've used both the rubber and granulate ones and prefer the granulate. For the money you can't really go wrong with them and if you don't like it you can always take it off.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Since my last post I've received the granulated Talon Grip that I ordered. I just put it on my Gen 3 Glock 19 and it is an amazing improvement.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Top Bottom