• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    There was one for sale on here awhile back. I think they said it was a river canoe. I didn't know the difference in a river or lake model. I about sent a PM on it then realized it would be one more thing in the garages I don't have time to use. Good luck!

$250, every thing you see in the top picture.
    acanoe80.jpg

2deaddeer.jpg

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's easier to start light and thow more beer and ice in the cooler for ballast than it is to take weight out of a boat that's already heavy.

Yea but you cannot add length or breadth to a short canoe.

And a greater length/breadth = more capacity to carry gear, so essentially what we are left with is a realization that choosing a canoe is a vicious cycle of compromises.

Personally I'd rather lug an extra 10 lbs in and out of the water in order to gain the extra 100 lbs of capacity (generalizing here) I'd also rather give up a little manuverability to get more stability (I hate tipping over my canoe and getting my gear wet).

But as I previously mentioned I mostly do lazy river & lake paddling, fishing and camping excursions with my daughter in mine, if I were still into white water I'd have a much shorter, less stable but more manuverable canoe, maybe even a sport kayak or something.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I agree. I am now using a 17 ft square stern that is heeeaaaavvvy. But I can put a tremendous amount of gear in it for 2-3 day river camping for two people plus run a 4hp off the back. Not bad to paddle when fishing in small rivers and creeks. Its all about your intended use. Main thing is get out there right?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Royalex is a great material. the floatation is built into the material and it is almost "rubbermaid" indestructable. I am not a fan of aluminum, too much noise. Polyethylene is much tougher less expensive and lighter. most of the kevlar, fiberglass, and polyethylene style materials can be field repaired in a pinch by melting nylon cord over the hole but to my knowlege I don't think you can make a hole in a polyethylene canoe unless you shoot it. Rutabaga - Canoe Materials and You Here is a good link to materials. Kevlar is an awsome material IF YOU ARE GOING TO RACE THE thing. btw yes it is the same material as the vests but no it is not thick enough to be bullett proof.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    $250, every thing you see in the top picture.
    acanoe80.jpg

2deaddeer.jpg
    the canoe in the pic is a polyethylene. I've owned three almost just like it. It is like canoeing a rubbermaid trash can as far as being able to break the hull. Ive wrapped the aluminum frame and keel support around stuff several times. They seem to bend right back. mine alwayse seemed to tack to one side from then on though. maybee that is why my right arm is so much stronger than my left.:dunno: If you are going to fish what I did was take off the covers to the floatation chambers on each end and use cord to tie it into place (very well). This exposed the hard foam material which serves as a great place to store fishing hooks on the ready.

Top Bottom