• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I was the only guy in my group to get a limit this morning. It only took me about an hour and a half, but it took almost two boxes of shells. It took about a box just to figure out what the heck I was doing.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    what do you do with a dove once you shoot it?

wrap the breast in bacon and toss it on the grill! yummy! breast and bacon....what more could a guy ask for ;)

they just wasnt flying very good for us today...I got a big fat zero and so did Jclark....the other fella we was with got 2. they just was not flyin very well this morning....well until we started to leave and then they where everywhere lol still had a great time and it was nice meeting you Jim and Ed as well...you guys are a riot.:):

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Two good ways that I have eaten them.
    1) wife baked them in side a big pan of corn bread dressing. That kept them moist and the sage soaked in them.

2)mom put them in a pan where she was baking a ham. Moist with ham flavor. Pretty good.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    wrap the breast in bacon and toss it on the grill! yummy! breast and bacon....what more could a guy ask for ;)

they just wasnt flying very good for us today...I got a big fat zero and so did Jclark....the other fella we was with got 2. they just was not flyin very well this morning....well until we started to leave and then they where everywhere lol still had a great time and it was nice meeting you Jim and Ed as well...you guys are a riot.:):

Yup......Doves1, Relic and J...0 Oh well we will try in the evening this weekend. Ed went back out and got limit......but it took him 4 hrs.lol

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Yup......Doves1, Relic and J...0 Oh well we will try in the evening this weekend. Ed went back out and got limit......but it took him 4 hrs.lol

did he go back to that last spot or somewhere else?

just let me know about this weekend. Im free all weekend I think.
    maybe I should wear a gillie suit and just lay out in the middle of that field this time:): although I did like your idea about putting a pink dress and lip stick on the mojo lmao

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    did he go back to that last spot or somewhere else?

just let me know about this weekend. Im free all weekend I think.
    maybe I should wear a gillie suit and just lay out in the middle of that field this time:): although I did like your idea about putting a pink dress and lip stick on the mojo lmao

He went back to the last spot....except the opposite corner of the field.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Obviously, Ive *never* gone dove hunting!

I have my lifetime hunting license, but are there any special stamps required?

thanks all!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    yea you'll need your state bird/habitat stamp{cost about $7} and you also will need to get your "HIP" number{free but required!} and also on most FWA land across the state you have to use steel shot or "non-toxic" shot.

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    I haven't been dove hunting yet, but I was over at my dads house last night in the horse barn and was just piddling around. Dad was "supposed" to be grilling. Then I hear the sound of a 12 ga. and the choclate lab on the doves in the pasture that the back of the house over looks haha... Guess the old man still has it in him

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom