• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new2guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2015
    kokomo in.
    I want to thank everyone for their input. I'm the type of guy who tends not to be cavalier about things I get into and I know you can over do that, but when it comes to an ethical kill it worth investigation. I harvested my first deer last year. My bother in-law and I were up in the stand and first deer we saw was a doe with a yearling. I agonize over that shot for what seemed like a year... finally they slipped off into the woods and were gone. Well I was pretty sure my bother in-law was going to take away my man card. So when a buck appeared I felt I needed to dig a little deeper. It was my first shot on a living animal but I didn't want to take it haphazardly. Latter speaking with the man at the deer processing place he told me how butchered and shot up some deer come in that he is hard press to give the much meat. Never heard of appleseed training. Will look into that. thanks again

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Come on. That was a novella at most.

But seriously. Have you ever tried to teach somebody Offhand through the phone or internet? It sounds like this OP needs real help, and he/she was big enough to ask, so I tried my best to give what I know.

Ruffnek, since you are online now, and you are the second person that has commented on the length of my reply, I'll ask you: Is there a problem with my post?

-Nate

Not at all. I actually enjoyed reading it and intend to give it a shot. I just don't use purple that often. No reason to be upset. It's just unusual to have posts of that length so, naturally, people will comment on the length of the post alone whether it's a solid post or someone talking out their @$$.

I'm just trying to understand why you would be so defensive when I really didn't say anything at all negative, but simply commented on the unusual length of the post. It was a joke. You gave good, solid advice and that's all that matters.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I'm not really offended, just wondering. It was a really long day of me offending others in a professional capacity, so any way around it, this is still more relaxing.

Like I said, it's not something I've ever tried to verbalize or teach with zero visual aids.

INGO does seem somewhat unlike some other forums though, where I just earnestly say "Thanks a million, bro" when somebody gives freely of their time to help me...and I have certainly received more help than I deserved sometimes.

No worries though. At the end of the day, hopefully the OP can get something from all this we have said and it turns into deader deer faster.

-Nate

Chaplain45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Noblesville
    I want to thank everyone for their input. I'm the type of guy who tends not to be cavalier about things I get into and I know you can over do that, but when it comes to an ethical kill it worth investigation. I harvested my first deer last year. My bother in-law and I were up in the stand and first deer we saw was a doe with a yearling. I agonize over that shot for what seemed like a year... finally they slipped off into the woods and were gone. Well I was pretty sure my bother in-law was going to take away my man card. So when a buck appeared I felt I needed to dig a little deeper. It was my first shot on a living animal but I didn't want to take it haphazardly. Latter speaking with the man at the deer processing place he told me how butchered and shot up some deer come in that he is hard press to give the much meat. Never heard of appleseed training. Will look into that. thanks again
    I am going to my first Revere Riders event Saturday . Check out the Noblesville event under "Training" "Revere Riders".
    Here's the link:

https://www.picatic.com/ReveresMarks...esvilleOct2015

Last edited:
    Top Bottom