• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    A point I insist upon and abide by in others. Cash first. Cash is good. USPS money order is good. Any other form of payment, and you WILL wait until I'm sure in my heart (by talking to your bank) that it IS good. If you have to wait an extra week or two, tough noogies. I usually insist upon cash or USPS mo. Other than the occasional paypal fiend (Sorry Joshua) I usually pay cash face to face, or mail a post office mo. when I'm paying.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Personally, I would not do it. If my spidey senses tingle, I tell them my conditions again. I am the seller, you are the buyer. You want MY gun, you meet MY conditions or we agree on a different condition. The other day a guy emailed me about a rifle asking to buy it, I told him my price. He asked if I would ship it to him, a NJ resident. I told him he would send me the money, he would pay shipping, he would pay all transfer fees, and after the money cleared THEN I would ship it. He never responded. As soon as he mentioned mailing and a different state, I set new conditions. If the buyer wants it bad enough, he will agree to terms so YOU don't get screwed. If you're uncomfortable, tell them no.

Whitey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Connersville
    the only wat to sell or trade guns or anything of value is face to face. but I do have some land in Florida I would sell you cheap. just send me a deposit :)

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Hey I like this idea. YOU ship the gun to me via regular mail. If it reaches me OK, then I pay you. If it does not reach me I'm out no money and I am not the one going to jail.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    the "firearm " part can not be shipped by any carrier..
    Frame or reciever...
    Go to the ATF's website; ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Go to these tabs/dropdowns (in this order)
    > Industry
    > Firearms
    > Publications
    > General Publications
    > ATF p 5300.4 federal firearms regulation
    Page 178 (B8)

You will see the question: "May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?"

"Nonlicensee" means someone who does not hold an FFL license.

Then the answer: "A nonlicensee [that's you and me] may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier [that's UPS & FedEx] to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee [that's an FFL] in any state. A common carrier must be used to ship a handgun. [there's more, but this is what applies to your quote].

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Is that any FFL, or specifically a FFL01?

The ATF's website pdf files do not distinguish between the two...and when I questioned the agent at Fort Wayne's field office, he said "a licensee is an FFL, a nonlicensee is you." and that is all the distinction he made.

Top Bottom