• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    looking for a tactical/home defense autoloading shotgun does anybody have any suggestions? i was looking at a Benelli M4 but was kinda hoping for something less expensive...any opinion is welcome!

-Mason

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    I highly recommend a FN slp tactical. I just purchased one for $1200, great shotgun it is my second, Also have the mk1. Comes with 2 choke tubes,2 gas pistons, ghost ring sights, and a built in tri rail on the mag extension. They hold 1 less round then the benelli, but cycle way faster IMO. Wouldn't.t trade them for anything.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I highly recommend a FN slp tactical. I just purchased one for $1200, great shotgun it is my second, Also have the mk1. Comes with 2 choke tubes,2 gas pistons, ghost ring sights, and a built in tri rail on the mag extension. They hold 1 less round then the benelli, but cycle way faster IMO. Wouldn't.t trade them for anything.

+1 Mine is my do-it-all shotgun.

It works for everything from clays to hunting to HD.

The FN is the tactical version of the Winchester Super X2 that was claimed to be the fastest cycling shotgun on the marker until the Super X3 that is.

The FN is built heavier and cycles a little slower but its made to fight not for sport, though it does a good job for plinkers like me.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

where did you purchase yours from?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money. I however want to ask why a semi-auto, when a pump will get the job done for much less? More money for ammo and training my :twocents:.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Plus fewer parts to malfunction

I had a remington 870 tactical. Got rid of it for the FN slp. It malfunctioned more than either of my slps. In fact they have never malfunctioned. Lot less recoil, equals more buckshot down range faster. I will give you this I do like the mossberg 500, that are built like tanks, and I like the safety

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I had a remington 870 tactical. Got rid of it for the FN slp. It malfunctioned more than either of my slps. In fact they have never malfunctioned. Lot less recoil, equals more buckshot down range faster. I will give you this I do like the mossberg 500, that are built like tanks, and I like the safety

That's odd...never had a malfunction in either. I do wish I had a tactical 18" barrel shotgun that'd shoot 3.5" mag

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Remington 870, get it with a tube extension (6 + 1 capacity). The pistol-grip stock on mine ran me an extra $120 over list (which is about $400), so if you want a tactical advantage (shooting around corners, better stability, etc), it won't break the bank, either.

I also stuck a $225 set of rails on it, though, which sets about an extra 1lb of weight on the gun, mostly at the front end, so it really helps to reduce recoil and get you back on target. I never have shot it without the rails so I don't know what the "default" recoil feels like on it.

I've run lots of rounds through it (game loads! I'm not made of money!) and never had an issue with it yet. Very solid gun, very reliable, very accurate.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would look for a used Remington 1100, preferably with a 26 inch barrel. Add a Choate magazine extension to bring it up to 10+1 capacity and change the stock if so desired.

Mine is just that, a 26 inch 1100 with the Choate mag extension, I went with a SpeedFeed stock with holds 4 rounds. This serves as both a SD gun as well as doing very well in multi gun and combat matches. You can probably do this for about $500.00 or so.

1100-1-1.jpg

Top Bottom