• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Anyone know of a shop/store in the Columbus/Seymour/Bloomington/Greenwood area that stocks Winderness Tactical or similar belts in-store?

Looking not for a gun belt (at the moment), but for a new work belt, as with my schedule, my belt can't keep up with losing weight, and I often find myself in-between holes on my current work belt. Was looking for something with "infinite adjustability" (within a given range, of course) for comfort, as I dress different at work depending on the weather, and would like to test fit/try before I spend money to mail-order something I might not care for when I get it...

Thanks!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Elmore's stocks Wilderness belts. US Uniform (downtown Indy) and Steven R. Jenkins Co (21st and Arlington) are police supply shops that you can pick up any 5.11 tactical belt variant, possibly some other manufacturers like Propper and Uncle Mike's.

I think Gander Mountain in Gwood stocks 5.11 now too...I remember seeing some pants, bags, belts and jackets in the center aisle back by the firearms.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Elmore's stocks Wilderness belts. US Uniform (downtown Indy) and Steven R. Jenkins Co (21st and Arlington) are police supply shops that you can pick up any 5.11 tactical belt variant, possibly some other manufacturers like Propper and Uncle Mike's.

I think Gander Mountain in Gwood stocks 5.11 now too...I remember seeing some pants, bags, belts and jackets in the center aisle back by the firearms.

Right on, been to Elmore's once, and I'd seen Gander Mtn have 5.11 clothing, just never paid enough attention to see if they had belts, because it's a recent "need".

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Right on, been to Elmore's once, and I'd seen Gander Mtn have 5.11 clothing, just never paid enough attention to see if they had belts, because it's a recent "need".

The South Gander Mountain does have the 5.11 Belts the last time I was in there. About 3 weeks ago. Seemed to have a pretty good selection of styles/colors/sizes.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I highly suggest the 5.11 belt. I have two of them. I wear one for work, and the other is for everything but work.

It should give you the adjustability you need, without breaking the bank.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    I highly suggest the 5.11 belt. I have two of them. I wear one for work, and the other is for everything but work.

It should give you the adjustability you need, without breaking the bank.

I to highly recommend the 5.11 belt also. I wear mine all the time for work for my vhf radio and works 800mhz. Not at work i OWB carry my sig pro and my personal VHF radio for Vol. Fire Dept.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The wilderness belts aren't infinitely adjustable like you might think the are. You still order them in the recommended size increments that their website suggests. I ordered them "blind" but used the website and had no trouble with the few I've owned. I just wish I had the same problem as you and needed a belt because I was shrinking.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just a heads up at Gander Mountain on the 5.11 belts. They only had a few in black left of the thick ones yesterday. The rest were "other" color. (I'm colorblind)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I typed a second really long post with links and pics... sorry, I am not doing that again. I will sum up...

I've owned two 5.11 belts. One was a leather gun belt that worked nicely until the belt notch wore its way in half. I got it for free when I ordered 5.11 pants. No harm, no foul... but I'm not buying another one.

The second 5.11 belt was also free for ordering a pair of shorts. It was their "riggers" belt 1.5 inch and is about 1/5th the quality of the Wilderness belts. The 5.11 riggers belt felt cheap and on the chintzy side. But, it was free, so I'm not out financially.

It was salty but after the recommendation of everyone's hero, bwframe, I manned up and dropped 55 bucks on a good gun belt. I've had it for quite a while and it still looks brand new.

I shoot a fair amount and carry everyday I am able and I have had minimal wear on the belt. How minimal? A few strings frayed that I snipped with nosehair scissors (what!?) and lightly burned with a lighter.

Also, blood mostly washes off these belts. Skip the 5.11 belt (unless there are nicer ones than this) and get the 5-stitch model.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I typed a second really long post with links and pics... sorry, I am not doing that again. I will sum up...

I've owned two 5.11 belts. One was a leather gun belt that worked nicely until the belt notch wore its way in half. I got it for free when I ordered 5.11 pants. No harm, no foul... but I'm not buying another one.

The second 5.11 belt was also free for ordering a pair of shorts. It was their "riggers" belt 1.5 inch and is about 1/5th the quality of the Wilderness belts. The 5.11 riggers belt felt cheap and on the chintzy side. But, it was free, so I'm not out financially.

It was salty but after the recommendation of everyone's hero, bwframe, I manned up and dropped 55 bucks on a good gun belt. I've had it for quite a while and it still looks brand new.

I shoot a fair amount and carry everyday I am able and I have had minimal wear on the belt. How minimal? A few strings frayed that I snipped with nosehair scissors (what!?) and lightly burned with a lighter.

Also, blood mostly washes off these belts. Skip the 5.11 belt (unless there are nicer ones than this) and get the 5-stitch model.
    This is the 5.11 I am suggesting.

5.11 Instructors Belt Review | Holster Secrets

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well for a gun belt I've got a leather belt from the Belt Man at the 1500.

At work on my belt is usually only my Inova flashlight, and Zippo case. Right now i'm using a Dickies work belt I've had for years, and I like it because its a double hole belt, and punched all the way around, but being in-between holes size-wise is uncomfortable... That's why I was looking for something like an instructors belt, I don't like the military web belt buckles, and gotten some other cheap double-ring style buckles that just didn't hold

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Sorry, I can see how that was unclear from my last post. I have pneumonia right now and I'm on a lot of drugs that make me sleepy but can't actually fall asleep.

I went with the 5-stitch one from this website:

Original Instructor Belt

It is the "original" style. The 5-stitch makes it more firm. Love it! If I win the lotto, I'll order the titanium one. :D

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just stopped by Gander in Greenwood and picked up one of the 5.11 TDU belts to give it a shot as a work belt. Didn't want to drop the cash on one of the Trainer belts until I checked to see how I liked it first...

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    Sorry, I can see how that was unclear from my last post. I have pneumonia right now and I'm on a lot of drugs that make me sleepy but can't actually fall asleep.

I went with the 5-stitch one from this website:

Original Instructor Belt

It is the "original" style. The 5-stitch makes it more firm. Love it! If I win the lotto, I'll order the titanium one. :D

lol, I was hoping that's the one you'd link to. I've been leaning towards one of those, good to hear people still speak highly of them.

Top Bottom