• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Since when was Taco Bell a "public business"? WTH is a "public business?

You guys do realize that the Consitution tells the GOVERNMENT what it cannot do. It does not apply in any way to a private individual or business?

What sloughfoot says is on the money
    PRIVATE business is private property ! and you must play by the owners rules ! If the person in charge ask you to cover it up or/take your weapon to the car or leave . you better/should or he has a good case for trespassing !

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    What sloughfoot says is on the money
    PRIVATE business is private property ! and you must play by the owners rules ! If the person in charge ask you to cover it up or/take your weapon to the car or leave . you better/should or he has a good case for trespassing !

Look up "public accommodation". Once a business chooses to open its' doors to the public, there are limits on how it can treat people.

Modern Gunner's idea is right on the money.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Look up "public accommodation". Once a business chooses to open its' doors to the public, there are limits on how it can treat people.

I looked it up and it was civil rights amendment (1964) I.M.O it is talking about discrimination ! not about trespass and carrying a weapon on private property !

Also if the manager is a ass hat all the time he is not discriminating is he !

And i hate to be the one that brings it up ! BUT this very conversation is the reason I Conceal carry!

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I would get incredibly irate and start mumbling about another homophobic store manager refusing to serve gays as you pull out your phone and talk about calling your lawyer. Ask the guy to spell his name and the name of the owner of the store. totally put him on the defensive. You'd probably get free food.

I'm confused and admittedly it doesn't take much these days, who is the homo in this approach? The OP or the poster?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm confused and admittedly it doesn't take much these days, who is the homo in this approach? The OP or the poster?

Possibly neither, who knows?

The point is discrimination (or accusations thereof) against homosexuals is much more likely to grab the attention of corporate than discrimination against an OC'r.

It's kind of a dick move IMHO, and very much akin to playing the race card when it is not warranted. But the fact of the matter is that it WILL get the attention of those in charge.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I don't expect much to happen. I worked for the company when I was a teen, and hardly ever did corporate get involved. Still I think I'll inform them how their manager was treating customers.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    May not really be food, but I'd tear up a Crunchwrap Supreme right now!!

spicychickencrunchwrap.jpg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

public accommodation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. If a taco bell customer was asked to leave because his race was disturbing other customers, that would be disturbing. Asking someone to leave for carrying a firearm is no different than asking someone to leave because they have an Obama shirt on.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...And i hate to be the one that brings it up ! BUT this very conversation is the reason I Conceal carry!

meh, someone was bound to do it, might as well be you. ;)

Though I am curious, do you really cover it up just so nobody will ask if you ever have issues carrying unconcealed?

And even if they did ask, couldn't you just respond with "nope" and continue on with whatever you were doing?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    public accommodation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. If a taco bell customer was asked to leave because his race was disturbing other customers, that would be disturbing. Asking someone to leave for carrying a firearm is no different than asking someone to leave because they have an Obama shirt on.

No, public accommodation is not currently about 2A. However, you didn't read ModernGunner's suggestion and completely missed the point. He suggested that businesses which serve the public should not be allowed to discriminate against legal gun owners, just like they can't discriminate based on race, etc. I think he is on the right track.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No, public accommodation is not currently about 2A. However, you didn't read ModernGunner's suggestion and completely missed the point. He suggested that businesses which serve the public should not be allowed to discriminate against legal gun owners, just like they can't discriminate based on race, etc. I think he is on the right track.

Ohh I read it, I just don't equate discrimination as a gun owner anywhere near the same universe as discrimination by way of race.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ohh I read it, I just don't equate discrimination as a gun owner anywhere near the same universe as discrimination by way of race.

As much as I hate agreeing with Destro, he is right. You can choose not to carry a gun (by why WOULD you?!) but you cant choose to be black, etc.

Me? I choose to dine where they WANT my business.

Top Bottom