• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    That would be the one. I believe Fajen is now making an adjustable synthetic 10/22 stock as well that is slightly cheaper. I've seen it in a few stores now.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That's the one I thought you meant... I have one on my 10/22 and love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    What you are experiencing is common with Richard's. Over on Rimfire Central this is the big problem with Richard's, slow to ship and won't return calls But, they do have a great product.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Souped up Ruger 10/22s

I have seen a lot of beautiful souped up 10/22s over the last couple of years. I have seen them in gunbroker for nearly $1000.00. How much is the gentleman who started this thread going to spend on making his tackdriver with all of the discussed bells and whistles? I am interested in having one built for me or buying one that is already completed with all of the bells and whistles. If I jump into something like this, I would rather not string it out for months. I just want the finished product to work right out of the box.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Then buy a CZ 452 Varmint and be done. Anytime you combine low-powered, dirty rounds, match tolerances, and semi-auto production guns, it's not going to 'work right away' unless you're very lucky.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have seen a lot of beautiful souped up 10/22s over the last couple of years. I have seen them in gunbroker for nearly $1000.00. How much is the gentleman who started this thread going to spend on making his tackdriver with all of the discussed bells and whistles? I am interested in having one built for me or buying one that is already completed with all of the bells and whistles. If I jump into something like this, I would rather not string it out for months. I just want the finished product to work right out of the box.

typically just under 1k however it can be less depending on options... i would offer to build you one but they are so simple i would feel bad charging my normal wages on a 10/22 build... do some quick searchs or send me a pm and we can discuss some of the options that are out there.

Then buy a CZ 452 Varmint and be done. Anytime you combine low-powered, dirty rounds, match tolerances, and semi-auto production guns, it's not going to 'work right away' unless you're very lucky.

your statement is entirely untrue.... without much work at all a 10/22 can be made into a great performer even when you combine match tolerances.... accuracy will never compete with an equal value bolt gun, but then again its semi auto.... luck has nothing to do with a properly functioning gun, rather the amount of work, attention to detail, will provide a quality outcome.

second, this thread is customizing 10/22's and you are reccomending a bolt gun? WTF?:dunno:

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    your statement is entirely untrue.... without much work at all a 10/22 can be made into a great performer even when you combine match tolerances.... accuracy will never compete with an equal value bolt gun, but then again its semi auto.... luck has nothing to do with a properly functioning gun, rather the amount of work, attention to detail, will provide a quality outcome.

second, this thread is customizing 10/22's and you are reccomending a bolt gun? WTF?:dunno:

You beat me to it. There are millions that have gone before me and have very accurate and smooth running guns. All it takes is a little research to see what has worked for others.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Right now I have a little over $280 into this one plus the cost of the original gun($190). I am keeping track of the man hours I have into it as well. The majority of the time will be spent on the stock as they come ruff cut. I am trying to keep the cost down on this one to make it easy to duplicate and sell. My next build will go farther into the "bells and whistles" and cost much more. Thats the great thing about a custom 10/22, you don't have to spend a fortune to have a great looking, accurate gun. Rimfirecentral.com is a wealth of info on these and you can pick up a custom 10/22 for a reasonable sum most of the time in their forsale section.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    What you are experiencing is common with Richard's. Over on Rimfire Central this is the big problem with Richard's, slow to ship and won't return calls But, they do have a great product.
    I have spent the last 2 days calling trying to talk to someone. I have left messages and sent emails. NO responce. They had no problem taking the order, but now they have fallen off the face of the earth.:dunno: I don't care how good your product is if you have a complete lack of any type of service. I love how the stock looks, but have lost all confidence in them. I don't want to get the wrong one or a damaged one, and have no way of getting ahold of them!!!!! Not a good way to run a business.:rolleyes:

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Don't get me wrong, I've built more than a few 10/22's, including several that ran like gangbusters...but they all involve tweaking, careful ammo selection, etc.

I'm just warning him to not expect to be able to grab any 'ol box off the wallymart shelf and have his franken-22 run slick as glass and be a 1/4 MOA rifle.

If you want ga-run-teed bang and tiny little groups, it's a much more certain route to go with a bolt gun.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I'm just warning him to not expect to be able to grab any 'ol box off the wallymart shelf and have his franken-22 run slick as glass and be a 1/4 MOA rifle.

i dont think he ever stated that was a requirement. and the cz is not a 1/4 moa rifle either.... come to think of it, i dont know of any "off the shelf" .22's within a reasonable price range for a non competitor that will shoot .25 inch groups at 100 yards....

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    You're right. It was an exagguration on my part to illustrate my point. My apologies for the thread de-rail. The 'off-the shelf' comment caught me.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Change of plans. Since the richards stock is one that will take a lot of work to finish, it will be going on my next build. I said I wanted to keep this one easy to reproduce so I ordered a Revolution Tundra stock today for this build. Here is a pic of what it looks like. Again, Mine will be a different color.

tundra.jpg

Top Bottom