• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I want to get a tablet in the near future. what is everyone's suggestions for best bang for the buck and what features to look for in a tablet?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I got my wife a Samsung Tablet 8.0 for Christmas and she's been happy with it. I find it easier to use than the Kindle, and have no experience with the ipad. If I were to get myself a tablet, I guess that'd be the direction I'd go.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm a huge Google fan so I bought a refurbished Google Nexus 10, I have a Kindle Fire and while its perfect for reading, I wanted something bigger for surfing. The Nexus 10 is perfect for that. I really like it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've been using an iPad for over a year for business and pleasure. I don't think there's an easier tablet to use, but of course, there's that Apple premium price. My wife has an iPad Mini that she really likes.

My son has a Microsoft Surface. For a laptop replacement, it's the pick, but for pleasure use, I'd pick the iPad.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I currently have an ipad and a surface rt. I've also had driod based ones too.
    If bang for the buck is the first priority you can write off ANY mac device. No matter what you compare them against, they are the top end of the price point.
    I am completely happy with both.
    Depends on what you want to do with it.
    games? ipad or droid. ipad will cost you 3 times more.
    internet jacking around? any of them. however there's that whole no flash thing on ipad, but that's livable.
    need a sort of laptop replacement/sub access to ms office productivity suite? surface, no question.
    if you have a pc with windows 8, get a surface rt version 1 for under 200 bucks on line. you'll love it.
    like complete freedom and customization ability? droid, no question.
    want simplicity rigid utilitarian 1984 big brother tell you what to do and like it style structure - ipad all the way.
    how ironic...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We have 2 iPads and everyone loves them. Well worth the money we spent for them and they get used all the time. They do everything a 'droid pad will do and then some.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have free choice on what tablet I get for work. I use an iPad 2 at home and have for a few years. Work gives me a Galaxy phone. Have went from a Surface RT, traded it back in within a week and went with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Had it for about 6 months and ended up going to an iPad mini finally. Just works smoother and the screen is light years ahead in responsiveness. Just my experience. Hate the Apple band wagon but when something works it just works.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a Kindle Fire HD, and absolutely love that thing. I'm not a tech geek, so it actually way more than I needed.

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    Another +1 for the nexus 10. I've had the one I'm replying from now since they first came out and love it. The rest of my family has ipads and they like them. I just can't get onboard with the way ios is so locked down and plain. Want to customize your ipad? Sure, rearrange square icons anyway you want. That's it. With the nexus, or any android device, you can have as many or as few icons on your homescreens as you'd like. You can also have the latest weather conditions/forecast, stock tickers, news, email, even a photo slideshow and tons of other things on your homescreen. For me, its android all the way and the way I want it, not the way I'm told it can/should be.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I quit apple last year. I love my samsung products. I have a 10" tablet that is much less laggy and more responsive than the iPad was. It also cost significantly less.

acthomas714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Kentland
    I have a Samsung tab 7.0 from Verizon. Its nice but wish I would have gone bigger like a 10". Android OS is great and most apps are free. The cellular part of the tablet is great too. My kids seem to love it more than I do..

Top Bottom