• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    So I just recently got a nice bonus at work, and I thought I should use that to make my first NFA purchase. I plopped down some cash to Bryon @ Major Malfunction in OK, and he's going to file a Form 3 as soon as his shipment of cans from Southeastern Weaponry Research come in. I'm very excited and have no idea what to expect after I send off the Form 4 and $200 check. Can someone fill me in on the process after I send in my paperwork? Obviously they will cash my check and take my money right away :rockwoot:

ETA: It's an SWR Octane 9 if you missed the title of my post, and it's going on a Glock 19. I believe independent tests show that the G19 registers around 123-126 dB's with it.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    We have them in stock ready to form 4.

Threaded in M13.5x1LH? Because I spoke with Henry at SWR the other day and he told me they had just shipped those cans out to dealers and that only some had them in stock? Unless I misunderstood him or just can't remember what he said.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So I just recently got a nice bonus at work, and I thought I should use that to make my first NFA purchase. I plopped down some cash to Bryon @ Major Malfunction in OK, and he's going to file a Form 3 as soon as his shipment of cans from Southeastern Weaponry Research come in. I'm very excited and have no idea what to expect after I send off the Form 4 and $200 check. Can someone fill me in on the process after I send in my paperwork? Obviously they will cash my check and take my money right away :rockwoot:

ETA: It's an SWR Octane 9 if you missed the title of my post, and it's going on a Glock 19. I believe independent tests show that the G19 registers around 123-126 dB's with it.

Congrats on the Octane. I have one at Front Toward Enemy waiting on the Form 4 as well. The wait times at ATF lately make me think this will be a Christmas present. =/

If you're already familiar with the process for filing a Form 4 (getting fingerprints, photos and CLEO sign-off), once you and your dealer fill out the Forms and mail everything in, it's just a matter of waiting. You can call to check on the status of the transfer by calling 304-616-4500. You will need the serial # of your can. It takes about a month after they cash your check for the transfer to go "pending" which means it's in the system and assigned to an examiner, and then 2-4 months after pending to be approved. Once it's approved, one copy of the Form 4 gets mailed back to your dealer, and you go pick up the suppressor and Form 4.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Congrats on the Octane. I have one at Front Toward Enemy waiting on the Form 4 as well. The wait times at ATF lately make me think this will be a Christmas present. =/

If you're already familiar with the process for filing a Form 4 (getting fingerprints, photos and CLEO sign-off), once you and your dealer fill out the Forms and mail everything in, it's just a matter of waiting. You can call to check on the status of the transfer by calling 304-616-4500. You will need the serial # of your can. It takes about a month after they cash your check for the transfer to go "pending" which means it's in the system and assigned to an examiner, and then 2-4 months after pending to be approved. Once it's approved, one copy of the Form 4 gets mailed back to your dealer, and you go pick up the suppressor and Form 4.

Nice! Regular or HD Version? I bought the regular. I don't need the fingerprints and CLEO since I have a trust :D Thanks for the information. I was wondering what "going pending" meant.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Nice! Regular or HD Version? I bought the regular. I don't need the fingerprints and CLEO since I have a trust :D Thanks for the information. I was wondering what "going pending" meant.

I got the regular version. I ordered a 3-lug adapter because I mainly want it for my MP5 clone. They haven't mfg'd the adapters yet. We shot a few rounds out of it at the dealer from his Sig P228 and I was quite impressed. That was with 115 gr. I'm looking forward to shooting it with some subsonic to really hear how it performs.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Last I heard, was things got/getting a little delayed because Silencerco is moving SWR to Utah after they bought them...we are still waiting on more to get sent to us via form 3...and it's been a little longer than the "industry standard" 2 weeks. ;) The Octane sounds good, you will be happy with it.

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Last I heard, was things got/getting a little delayed because Silencerco is moving SWR to Utah after they bought them...we are still waiting on more to get sent to us via form 3...and it's been a little longer than the "industry standard" 2 weeks. ;) The Octane sounds good, you will be happy with it.

So the rumors are true then. SilencerCo bought SWR?

Top Bottom