• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Bad title...but hey

Anyways, got out in the snow pretty much all day yesterday and did some CZ snow testing. Was a lot of fun. Anyone else get out in that somewhat of a winter storm and do some shooting?
    By the way you are looking at my CZ P-07 Duty and my buddies CZ 75b.

IMG_20140105_124636105.jpg

IMG_20140105_124642227.jpg

mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    We didn't actually leave them in the snow for too long each time we shot. We would pack them under 8 to 10 inches of snow. Stomped on them to get it all packed nicely but only left them for about 15 to 20 minutes. We did this about 4 different times. The time we did it in the photo was with the mag inserted and slide back; both guns did not fully chamber the first round as there was so much packed snow in the chamber. One love tap from behind on the slide sent them right in. Other than that we had no issues. One other fun thing we did was simulate a very fumbled reload. We shot one magazine, then dropped empty mag and had to toss the new magazine and gun with slide locked to the rear about 6 to 8 feet away into a snow drift, which were pretty much everywhere. Finding those guns and especially those magazines in that deep of snow is pretty rough. Especially when you are trying to do it in a timely matter.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Have to know what a pistol can and cannot do

I'd rather see tests like this vs striker fired guns. Strikers for the most part are self contained and the striker channel hardly gets any crud in it. These hammer gun, snow can get in a lot more areas to cause issues and it's cool to see what they can go through

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The CZ will work in this weather, but you might not. BTW, it's too cold for crime so relax. Criminals go into hibernation when the temp drops below 18 deg F. Any LEO's want to comment?

bballard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I just picked my CZ-07 up for Christmas. I have heard a lot of good reports about them so I decided to get one. Glad to see the perform in extreme conditions as well as normal ones.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I was finally able to get to my FFL (BZ Gunz in Plainfield) and pick up my "new to me" P-06 I bought off another forum. Gun looks great, almost identical to my P-01. Now I just need a nice day to get to MCFG.

Top Bottom