• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I know someone through mutual friends of mine; I caught wind he was selling a Beretta 21a .22LR. He inherited this from his granddad who was an avid collector and 1500 visitor.

This guy "hates firearms" just wanted it out of the house. I offered him $100 and he took the offer. From what I can tell this was made in 1984 ( first year introduced ) and has the upgraded grips. The box of ammo is labeled from year "1988". This pistol is in 98% condition, it even smells like someone's grandpa.

This is now known as the "bobcat"; at least if his grandad knew someone would take proper care of it he'd probably be happy.

If it were me I would have kept it, I'd never sell my heirloom firearms - EVER.

photo10.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I used to carry one of those in my back pocket as a back up while working in the gun shop. Very nice guns. Mine had the black plastic grips. I did file the mag release button down some after inadvertently releasing the mag in my pocket a few times. Worked great after that.

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    The ammo that came with it is as old as I am! Goes to show how much it has been shot. Excellent find.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have one in .25acp and love it. Mine has the same wood, but is silver (I assume nickle). The ONLY thing I don't like is that my safety is rather stiff and takes a bit of getting used to. I paid $150 for mine, you got a great deal! I've seen them with crimson trace grips selling for nearly $400.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice find! The ones with the wood grips are really hard to come by.

I have one and really enjoy it. One thing I have found is that since they don't have extractors, they need to be kept clean. Also avoid using ammo that is heavily wax coated. My 21A ran like a champ on any ammo until I tried some PMC which I thought was Korean but unfortunately found it to be Mexican and heavy on the wax. That wax not only gummed up the pistol, but the mags as well. A good cleaning returned everything to perfection.

Enjoy your new toy!!!!

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have one just like the OP's that I bought new in 1989. I also have a .25 with the gold trigger, hammer and scrollwork - pimpalicious!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have one just like the OP's that I bought new in 1989. I also have a .25 with the gold trigger, hammer and scrollwork - pimpalicious!

We had a .22 like that come through the shop the other day. I actually thought it looked neat; not at all over the top like some of the Taurus "special edition" tip-barrels.

index.php

Top Bottom